Burns & McDonnell Corp
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Civil Engineer - Power/Substation
at Burns & McDonnell Corp
- Delivering accurate and thorough designs of a variety of complex structures that will meet industry and/ client standards and codes as applicable.
- Perform structural engineering quality reviews of peers and / or sub-consultants.
- Structural design and analysis of anchorage, steel structures and steel connections, using RISA-3D or equivalent, MathCAD, and concrete foundations using industry standard applications or in-house design programs.
- Performing hand calculations applying proficiency in civil/structural codes and standards such as AISC, ACI, ASCE 113, CBC, IEEE, NESC and others.
- Field engineering and performing structural observations as needed.
Bachelor's degree in civil/structural engineering from accredited program. Minimum 7 years related experience (completion of master's degree in related field may be substituted for one year of experience). This position requires an experienced and competent individual capable of successfully solving difficult problems that require adaptation and modification of standard techniques, procedures and criteria.
The position also requires the following:
- Development of technical project specifications
- Client coordination experience
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD or other CAD software required.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.