Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
GOCO Teen Outreach Intern
at Butterfly Pavilion
- 14-Jun-2019 (MST)
- Westminster, CO, USA
- Internship - Paid
Position Overview: Teen Outreach Education Interns provide fun learning opportunities for children as part of afterschool programming, in collaboration with Outreach Educators. Great Outdoors Colorado invests a portion of Colorado Lottery proceeds to help preserve and enhance the state's parks, trails, wildlife, rivers and open spaces. The GOCO Teen Exhibit Ambassador will connect more kids and their families to explore and take care of our great outdoors by addressing the growing disconnect between youth and nature.
Key Duties & Activities:
- Co-facilitate interactive and educational experiences for afterschool program participants
- Ensure the safety, engagement, and enjoyment of children
- Use live animals to demonstrate science-based concepts
- Facilitate play-based learning and provide educational information
- Contribute to lesson and activity planning
- Support classroom management
- Follow and model all of Rosie's Rules for a GREAT Team
- Follow and model procedures for animal care and safety in accordance with AZA
Qualifications & Skills:
- Background or interest in science and/or environmental education
- Interest and willingness to learn about and handle invertebrates
- Ability to share information in a friendly, positive and engaging way
- Comfortable interacting with children enjoyment, enthusiasm and sense of fun
Minimum Age Requirement: 16
Duration, Hours, & Pay: Commit to working an after school program 3-4 days/week for a total of approximately 15 hours/week, September May. $10/hour.
Physical Demands: Requires ability to sit, stand, or walk for extended periods, bend, and lift up to 25lbs.
Supervisor: Education Coordinator
Training: Attend Volunteer Orientation and Training; On-the-job training as part of an Outreach team.
Application Deadline: Open until filled