Canon City Schools
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (COTA)
at Canon City Schools
Job Reference #: 1039
Openings as of 5/24/2019
Special Services - Licensed Positions
- Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (COTA) JobID: 1039
- Position Type:
Special Services - Licensed Positions/Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant
- Date Posted:
District-wide Cañon City School District Fremont RE-1 is accepting applications for CERTIFIED OCCUPATIONAL THERAPIST ASSISTANT (COTA) to begin August, 2019 to provide services to students district-wide. Salary will depend on education and experience; placement is on the Special Services Salary Schedule (COTA/SLPA), with entry level candidates starting between Step 1 and Step 10. The position requires:
- Must hold a Colorado Special Services License properly endorsed as an Occupational Therapy Assistant from Colorado Department of Education, or be willing to enroll and complete an approved program from an accepted institution of higher education.
- Completion of an Occupational Therapy Assistant program from an accredited college or university
- Must possess Colorado Driver License and have reliable transportation
- Under supervision of an Occupational Therapist, assists in programming for students with disabilities, plan effective use of time, effectively prioritize and schedule time to fulfill responsibilities, and maintain accurate progress monitoring data of Individual Education Plan goals.
- Assist in the development of appropriate annual goals and objectives, utilize intervention methods appropriate for individual students and groups, use a variety of materials and individual strategies, use direct and community resources to meet student needs, communicate effectively with students, parents, teachers and communicate students’ progress effectively, and provide service to parents when family crisis impacts student performance. Help to facilitate any and all of the following areas that may interfere with a student’s educational performance (Self-help skills like feeding and hygiene, fine, gross and visual motor skills, sensory and visual processing skills, positioning, functional mobility and transitions, functional communication through alternative methods and adaptive devices/equipment and using educational tools and toys).
- Participate in professional growth, accept and fulfill identified responsibilities and duties in a prompt and effective manner, be involved in resolution of staff and building issues in a positive manner, participate in and promote district/school priorities, goals and unity, participate in community interagency efforts and activities, serve as a resource person for in-service activities at both building and district levels, and recognize problems and actively contribute to their resolution.
- Follow Board policies and procedures, adhere to codes of ethics, and follow Special Education rules and regulations as established at federal, state, and local levels.
- Ability to work cooperatively in a school atmosphere with staff members, students, and the public
TO APPLY: Complete an online application at www.canoncityschools.org. Inquiries should be directed to Misty Manchester, Director of Human Resources, or Tim Renn, Director of Special Services, Cañon City Schools, 101 North 14th Street, Cañon City, CO 81212, (719) 276-5700. Only complete and submitted applications will be considered. Posting will remain open until filled. However, screening of completed applications will begin on Friday, April 26, 2019. Applications must be complete to be considered.
In compliance with Titles VI & VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act of 2008, and Colorado law, School District Fremont RE-1 does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, creed, age, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability or need for special education services in admissions, access to, treatment, or employment in educational programs or activities which it operates.
Complaint procedures have been established for students, parents, employees, and members of the public. Complaints may be filed verbally, in writing or anonymously. If you wish to file a complaint using the district complaint form, please submit to: Mrs. Misty Manchester, Director of Human Resources, Title IX, Section 504, and Americans with Disabilities Act Coordinator, 101 North 14th Street, Cañon City, Colorado 81212 – Telephone: (719)276-5700