Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Yard Team Lead - Quality Control (70101)
at Capital Lumber
"We’re in the People business, we just happen to sell lumber."
Capital Denver is looking for a highly detailed and process-oriented multi-tasker to fill our Quality Control role within the Operations Department. This role will be directly responsible for the accuracy and quality of product for shipment and storage.
As a Capital team member, you are EMPOWERED to build and maintain collaborative relationships and find innovative and creative solutions. You are adaptable to change and focused on developing yourself and others.
- Performs order checks for quality and accuracy
- Serve as primary liaison for communication of quality control procedures
- Responsible for Quality Control training and development of pullers
- Maintain excellent working relationships to provide continuous feedback
- Assist in maintaining order flow within the Operations Department
- Coordinate with Operations personnel to ensure quality standards are being met
- Make suggestions to improve overall accuracy
- Work with Inventory Control to maintain accurate cycle counts
- Process and document returns, as required, following the established procedures
- Perform all tasks in a safe manner
- Operates forklift, as necessary, to assist team and department
- Perform other work-related tasks, as assigned by supervisor
Education, Experience, and Skills
- Minimum 3 years’ experience with forklifts and other machinery
- Good knowledge of lumber products or building materials
- Ability to model the Capital values and provide innovative solutions
- Ability to work at a faster than average pace in which quality is never compromised
- Ability to make quick and calculated decisions within a fast and ever changing environment
- Collaborative and team focused with the ability to influence others to assure policies and procedures are followed
- Ability to provide high quality, error free work on a consistent basis
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English to the extent required to receive and communicate information as necessary to the position
Must be able to lift, carry, push, or pull up to 75 pounds
Must be able to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl 5% or less of the workday
Must be able to sit and walk or otherwise move around for prolonged period of time through the workday