Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Maintenance Mechanic - 2nd Shift - Full Time - Fort Morgan, Colorado
at Cargill, Incorporated.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: FOR03699
Cargill Protein is the umbrella organization of Cargill's North American beef, turkey, and food distribution businesses. Our businesses based in Wichita, Kansas, provide wholesome, high quality, nutritious and flavorful products to customers ranging from foodservice operators and grocery stores, to food manufacturers and export markets. These businesses employ more than 28,000 people in the US and Canada, who work at dozens of processing and support facilities.
At Cargill protein, we know that our customers don't just sell products; they sell the reputations behind those products. Our customers provide people with something that they crave and love and it's a product that we love, too. And we understand how deeply the quality of our red meat connects to our customers' reputations. After all, it's our reputation, too. We have been innovating for the last 150 years to bring our partners new solutions that help nourish the world. We continue to aggressively pursue improvements and produce real results that impact not only our operations but our industry, employees and the world around us. By continuously improving our products, processes and services we are ensuring a better, more sustainable future for our employees, for our customers, for our communities and for our company.
The Maintenance Mechanic plays a vital role in the ongoing Maintenance and Reliability effort, by not only executing the work as planned, but by providing feedback and comments for improvement. The Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for the faithful execution of work. They will insist on having a work order number available to them to insure appropriate accountability for parts, work materials, and the capture of their time against the equipment being served. They will provide feedback on what repairs were made to the equipment on the work order, and will offer suggestions on how to improve the plans associated to the work effort. The Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for completing maintenance activities as directed on a day-to-day basis. This includes preventive, predictive, and reactive maintenance assignments
Manufacturing Process Reliability
- Maintain Process and Industry Standards and Specifications
- Safety, Health and Environment
- Effectively and safely operates standard maintenance tools such as power tools, basic hand tools and basic electrical testing equipment
- Perform preventative maintenance up to and including Annual PM's.
- Read and understand mechanical and electrical schematics without issue.
- Complete minor troubleshooting of mechanical and electrical related issues without direct supervision.
- Follow prescribed safety rules and regulation as well as other departmental policies and procedures. Help to develop proper safety techniques.
- Locate sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Understand and certify in LOTO
- Identify follow-up work required
- Acquire planned materials, tools and documentation for planned work, and work order information for reactive work.
- Investigate job site if required – determine scope of work (reactive work)
- Prepare work site – scaffolding, safety, etc.
- Perform maintenance task
- Respond to interruption work from immediate supervisor.
- Move to next job after completion or as directed by Maintenance Supervisor
- With the Maintenance Supervisor, resolve problems as needed to perform work
- Complete Closeout Activities including, Tool accountability / Parts reconciliation, Sanitation tagging / Notification to Production, Return unused materials and tools, Functional Operations test complete, and arrange for Pd.M. validation.
- Complete, Sign and return hardcopy Work Order to Maintenance Supervisor complete with; Work Description, Symptoms, As Found, As Left, Start / Finish time, and Labor Hours and Note Deficiencies, Delays, any Job Plan Feedback
- Effectively inform through written communication daily pass-downs issues and actions.
- Promote and assist with REPI events
- Must be eligible to work in the United States without Visa Sponsorship
- Must be 18 years or older
- Ability to read, write, and speak English
- Previous Mainteance Mechanic experience
- Previous Cargill experience
- Work history in the past 12 months