Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Risk & Advisory Senior Audit Associate
at CBIZ, inc
Career Site Location:
Scheduled Hours Per Week:
With over 100 offices and nearly 5,000 associates in major metropolitan areas and suburban cities throughout the U.S. CBIZ (NYSE: CBZ) delivers top-level financial and employee business services to organizations of all sizes, as well as individual clients, by providing national-caliber expertise combined with highly personalized service delivered at the local level. CBIZ has been honored to be the recipient of several national recognitions: 2018 America’s Best Mid-Size Employers by Forbes, 2018 Best Workplaces in Consulting & Professional Services by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE, 2018 Workplace Excellence Seal of Approval by the Alliance for Workplace Excellence, and one of the Top 101 highest scoring companies in the country for Best and Brightest Companies to Work For in the Nation by the National Association for Business Resources.
Business risks abound in today's world. The rise of sophisticated data breaches coupled with the increased demands on organizational leaders make robust risk management policies essential. The Risk & Advisory Services practice of CBIZ, Inc. works with companies to address their unique risk factors to create efficiencies for their business and strengthen their infrastructure. The practice provides internal audit, Sarbanes-Oxley compliance, cyber security and risk consulting services.
Essential Functions and Primary Duties:
- As a Senior Audit Associate , you will be a key member of the CBIZ Denver Risk and Advisory Team.
- You will participate in multiple engagements with public and private company clients usually in the mid-market ($100 million to $2 billion) range.
- You will be in charge of developing and executing annual audit plans, including documenting and testing processes and controls around financial and operational risks.
- Use your expertise to recognize internal control weaknesses, lack of compliance with internal procedures and policies, or other processes that result in inadequate, inefficient, or ineffective operations.
- You will have the opportunity to communicate directly with senior management and present valuable feedback and actionable recommendations to implement or enhance existing controls.
- You may be responsible for supervising and reviewing associates’ work and providing constructive feedback.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred in Accounting, Taxation or related field preferred
- 3 years of experience in public accounting or related field
- 1 year supervisory experience preferred
- CPA candidates preferred
- Ability to manage deadlines, work on multiple assignments and prioritize each assignment as necessary
- Demonstrated ability to communicate verbally and in writing throughout all levels of organization, both internally and externally
- Proficient use of applicable technology
- Must be able to travel based on client and business needs
If you are a qualified individual with a disability you may request reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by calling 844-558-1414 (toll free) or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
CBIZ is an equal opportunity employer and reviews applications for employment without regard to the applicant’s race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, marital status, military status, veteran status, sexual orientation, disability, or medical condition or any other reason prohibited by law. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please visit these following pages EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement.