Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Z's Casino
Department Product Description:
Maintains kitchen work areas and restaurant equipment and utensils in clean and orderly condition. To clean and wash dishes, other cooking utensils and ensure for the cleanliness of all kitchen areas. To perform the following duties in compliance with safety standards, health standards and the Colorado Limited Gaming Act.
Department Service Guarantees:
1. Food service equipment is clean and sanitized for our guests and team members.
2. All food service areas are kept clear safe and clear of debris.
3. Floors and traffic areas are kept clean dry and safe for everyone.
4. Trash area on premises is kept clean and orderly at all times.
ESSENTIALS DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Scrapes food from dirty dishes and washes them by hand or places them in racks or on conveyor to dishwashing machine.
- Maintains a clean, safe and well organized kitchen at all times.
- Washes pots, pans, and trays.
- Sweeps and mops kitchen floors.
- Washes worktables, walls, refrigerators, and meat blocks.
- Segregates and removes trash and garbage and places it in designated containers.
- Steam cleans or hoses out garbage cans.
- Transfers supplies and equipment between storage and work areas.
- Wears and maintains all uniforms properly.
- Flexible workweek with possible additional hours required.
- All Team Members maintain a clean and safe work environment and complies with safety procedures, including use of required safety equipment, identifying unsafe practices or conditions, and informing their supervisor or the Safety Committee of the unsafe conditions.
- All Team Members follow security policies and procedures and reports all violations. Performs duties in compliance with the Colorado Limited Gaming Act.
- Ability and willingness to work at both the Central City and Black Hawk Properties.
- Performs other job-related duties as directed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Demonstrate experience performing within specific deadlines or under pressure.
Education and/or Experience:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read a limited number of two- and three-syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers. Ability to print and speak simple sentences in English.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations. Ability to organize and prioritize work.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Performing physical exertion: frequent brisk walking, climbing stairs, stooping, bending, stretching, reaching, kneeling, squatting, bending, walking, pushing and standing for an entire work shift with standard breaks. May involve working in a small, confined area used to obtain food, with floors which may become slippery in the process of preparing food and beverages. Lifting trays plates, pots, pans and other cooking utensils containing food. Lifting up to 50 pounds to stack, store or move kitchen and restaurant supplies and equipment.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.