Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Drop & Count Team (17863)
at Z Casinos
Collects, sorts, counts, wraps and distributes coin or cash from slot machines or other gaming revenue sources in a safe and accurate manner. Performs responsibilities in compliance with the Colorado Limited Gaming Act and other applicable municipal, state, and federal laws or regulations. Maintains good public relations, and complies with Internal Control Policies and Procedures regarding safety and security.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Collects, sorts, counts, wraps and distributes large sums of coin or cash money accurately safely and promptly from slot machines or other gaming revenue sources.
- Transfers and/or re-impresses money to and from the cages and/or the change banks.
- Team Members sign and obtain all required signatures for all transactions, including entering or exiting secured areas. Accurately fills out approved gaming forms according to company policy and procedure, as well as Colorado Division of Gaming requirements.
- Operates and maintains coin wrapping, cash counting and cash sorting machines, as directed.
- Seeks and receives technical direction, training and guidance from the Count Team Lead, Supervisor and Manager.
- With the use of the Interaction Principles, Count Team Member develops and maintains a positive relationship with both Guests and other Team Members.
- Wears and maintains all uniforms properly.
- Flexible workweek with possible additional hours required.
- All Count Team Members maintain a clean and safe work environment and complies with safety procedures, including use of required safety equipment, identifying unsafe practices or conditions, and informing their supervisor or the Safety Committee of the unsafe conditions.
- All Count Team Members follow security policies and procedures and reports all violations. Performs duties in compliance with the Colorado Limited Gaming Act.
- Ability and willingness to work at both the Central City and Black Hawk Properties.
- Performs other job-related duties as directed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Demonstrated experience receiving, securing, handling, counting, reconciling, and distributing large sums of money. Demonstrated experience working as a member of a team engaged in a highly routine and physically demanding work activity.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Graduation from High School or equivalent preferred. No previous experience required.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization. These language skills must be executed in English.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, and decimals. Ability to count large sums of money accurately.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few particular variables in common situations. Ability to organize and prioritize work.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Must have a valid and current State of Colorado Gaming License.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS (Occasional 0 - 33%, Frequent 33 -66%, Constant 66 -100%)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential duties involve performing physical exertion which include: Frequent brisk walking, climbing stairs, kneeling, stooping, bending, stretching, twisting, reaching, pushing, pulling, and standing for extended periods of time, with standard breaks taken at normal intervals. Lifting requirements of being able to lift up to 60 lbs. from floor to chest height, on a frequent basis. Being able to occasionally push or pull, with mandatory assistance, a cart weighing over 4000lbs. Occasional additional hours or an extra day, when needed.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential duties involve working closely with other Count Team Members in a small, noisy, enclosed environment. Work areas tend to be warm due to physical exertion and heat from equipment.
REQUIRED SAFETY EQUIPMENT
Steel toed shoes, lumbar belt, kneepads, air mask, goggles and earplugs.
MATERIALS AND EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED
Carts used for transporting coin money and bill validators. Mechanical items used include: WR-200 wrap machines, GFR-100/GSA-500 bill counters/sorter, weigh scales, and various conveyors. Various hand tools and fluids for maintenance of equipment. Office equipment used includes: calculators, computers, printers, copiers, and fax machine.