Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Z's Casino
Department Product Description:
To prepare food as well as work on the line. Needs to be able to cook and server according to the set standards that are set forth by the Executive Chef. To consistently maintain a clean and well-organized kitchen at all times, within the guidelines for health safety and sanitation. These guidelines are to be with in compliance with safety standards and the Colorado Limited Gaming Act.
Department Service Guarantees:
- Makes sure that foods prepared are according to recipe and use record standards.
- Ensures that the wait staff and Guest are treated with respect and courtesy.
- Sees that food is served in a timely manner (fifteen minutes or under).
- Makes sure that the cooks areas and line will be kept clean organized and safe at all times.
- Ensures that products will be label dated and have an expiration date.
ESSENTIALS DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Washes, peels, cuts, and seeds vegetables and fruits.
- Cleans, cuts, and grinds meats, poultry, and seafood’s.
- Dips food Items in crumbs, flour, and batter to bread them.
- Stir and strain soups and sauces.
- Weights and measures designated ingredients.
- Carries pans, kettles, and trays of food to and from workstations, stoves, and refrigerators
- Storing food in designated areas.
- Has the ability to work all stations of the line and the prep area efficiently.
- Bakes, roasts, broils, sauté, butchery, poaching, and steam, meats, fish, vegetables, and other foods.
- Carves meats, fish, vegetables, and or other portion foods and place in the appropriate manner on the plates for service as designated by the Executive Chef and his Staff.
- Adds proper seasoning and garnish to the foods during mixing and preparation.
- Maintains a proper clean station and follows the CLEAN AS WE GO policy.
- Ensure the quality appearance and taste of all foods before they are presented to the guest.
- Communicates with the Sous Chefs on the product that may be going bad and or has a low stock level.
- Performs other job duties as they arise by either the Executive Chef or any other Food and Beverage Supervisor.
- Cleans work areas, equipment, utensils, and remove garbage. And maintains cleanliness of these areas.
- Put away food orders as they come in, organize coolers, rotate product, and label all items used in the kitchens. The above must comply with the policies set forth by management.
- With the use of the Interaction Principles, Team Members develop and maintain a positive relationship with both Guests and other Team Members.
- Wears and maintains all uniforms properly.
- Flexible workweek with possible additional hours required, as well if not limited to staying longer that schedule to finish daily stock work.
- All Team Members follow security a clean and safe work environment and complies with safety procedures set forth by management.
- All Team Members follow security policies and procedures and property report all violations according to the proper chain of command. As well as perform all duties in compliance with the Colorado Limited Gaming Act.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Effectively interacting with the front o the house staff in a polite way.
- Interacting with the management staff in a polite way.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
High School Diploma or GED; or six months to one year of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must have the ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short polite correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in a one on one and small group situations to customers, vendors, and other team members of the company.
- All of the above must be able to be communicated in English
Must be able to perform simple mathematics skills these being the following: add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Blood borne pathogen training.
- TIPS Training
- Serv-Safe Training.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Performs frequent brisk walks
- Climb stairs
- Stooping, bending, stretching, and reaching.
- Kneeling, squatting, bending, and walking.
- Pushing and long periods of standing may also be required for the entire shift. (w/ standard breaks)
- Working in confined areas to obtain food or dry goods.
- Working on floors that may become slippery during the preparation on movement of food.
- Lifting boxes that may weight up to 80 lbs.
- Working for short periods of time in coolers and freezers that may be below 0 degrees.
The work environment described here is an accurate description of the environment a new employee will encounter while performing the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform said duties.
- Working in a kitchen environment which contains loud noise, odors and frequently hot or cold work environment due to running ovens and refrigeration units.
- Using typical commercial kitchen equipment, which includes but is not limited to: Slicers, mixers, ovens, burners, steam table, broiler, grill, fryers, and coolers.
- Working with various utensils, pots, pans, foil, plastic containers, and plastic wrap.
- Working with sharp Knifes
- Working with hot items over 200 degrees.
- Using various cleaning supplies and equipment.
Materials and Equipment Directly Used:
Cash registers, slicers, mixers, blenders, refrigerators, knives, spoons, forks glasses, and pitchers. Various cleaning supplies and materials