Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Z Casinos
Department Product Description:
Responsible for proper accounting and reporting of all casino generated revenue, including slot machines, table games, cages, food and beverage, gas station, vending machines, etc. Position is responsible for preparing journal entries through daily spreadsheets and ensuring the accuracy of all data. The Revenue Auditor is expected to perform all responsibilities in compliance with the Colorado Limited Gaming Act, and various state and federal regulations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides proper accounting and reporting of all casino generated revenue, including slot machines, cages, table games, food and beverage, gift shops, arcades, vending machines and any other revenue areas.
- Assists with proper accounting of revenue by preparing journal entries during the daily audit and ensuring the accuracy of all data.
- Ability to meet deadlines and focus on accuracy and details.
- Consistently demonstrates a positive attitude and works as part of a team.
- Works consistently to follow and enforce Johnny Z’s/Z Casino auditing policies and procedures.
- Ensures Journal Entries are completed as required by the Month-End closing schedule.
- Ensures proper authorization signatures for all transactions.
- Demonstrates an awareness of revenue audit operations at all times. Keeps Audit Manager informed of any concerns.
- Maintains a positive relationship with both Guests and other Team Members.
- Flexible workweek with possible additional hours required.
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment and complies with safety procedures, including use of required safety equipment, identifying unsafe practices or conditions, and informing their supervisor or the Safety Committee of the unsafe conditions.
- Follows security policies and procedures and reports all violations. Performs duties in compliance with the Colorado Limited Gaming Act.
- Ability and willingness to work at both the Central City and Black Hawk Properties.
- Performs other job-related duties as directed.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Demonstrate knowledge and ability with a revenue audit team specifically as a slot auditor in a gaming environment. Demonstrate knowledge and ability using Microsoft Office with working knowledge of excel. Knowledge and experience using Colorado ICMPs. Demonstrate experience performing within specific deadlines or under pressure along with problem solving, organizing and prioritizing work.
Education and/or Experience:
Graduation from High School with completion of college level accounting courses desired or equivalent amount of experience and education. One (1) or more years of recent and related auditing or accounting experience, preferably within a gaming environment.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Documents that establish both Identity and employment eligibility and Colorado Limited Gaming License.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to stand; walk; sit and talk or hear. The Team Member is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The Team Member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, color, and peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.