Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Z Casinos
Responsible for the preparation, seasoning, and cooking of salads, soups, fish, meats, vegetables, desserts, and all other food preparations within the restaurant, ensuring the efficiency of the line and kitchen operation in accordance with specifications and standards.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
(The following statements are intended as general illustrations of the work in this job class and are not all inclusive for specific positions.)
- Prepares and cook foods of all types, either on a regular basis or for special guests or functions.
- Supervise and coordinate activities of cooks and workers engaged in food preparation.
- Collaborate with other personnel to plan and develop recipes and special menus, taking into account such factors as seasonal availability of ingredients and the likely number of customers.
- Check the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
- Check the quantity and quality of received products.
- Demonstrate new cooking techniques and equipment to staff.
- Determine how food should be presented, and create decorative food displays.
- Determine production schedules and staff requirements necessary to ensure timely delivery of services.
- Estimate amounts and costs of required supplies, such as food and ingredients.
- Inspect supplies, equipment, and work areas to ensure conformance to established standards.
- Instruct cooks and other workers in the preparation, cooking, garnishing, and presentation of food.
- Monitor sanitation practices to ensure that employees follow standards and regulations.
- Order or requisition food and other supplies needed to ensure efficient operation, as needed.
- Recruit and hire staff, including cooks and other kitchen workers.
- Maintains knowledge of currently used concepts, practices and procedures associated with fine dining restaurant trends.
- Follows all recipes, specs, and control procedures.
- Maintains professional grooming and appearance and acts as a role model according to established grooming and appearance policy.
- Promotes the following within the department and among all employees:
- Encourages mutual respect, dignity and integrity with all employees, by setting positive examples at all times.
- Instills an atmosphere that encourages employees to share ideas, discuss concerns, and resolve conflicts.
- Retains employees through involvement in training and development.
- Explains why we do things, in advance of doing them.
- Directly supervises all cooks, dishwashers and other kitchen personnel during shift
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WORKING CONDITIONS/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Ability to communicate effectively with guests as well as with co-workers.
- Ability to stand throughout a 10 hour shift.
- Ability to move effectively and efficiently throughout the restaurant.
- Ability to communicate and understand directions in English.
- Must be able to use a cash register.
- Ability to accurately identify different cash denominations and give accurate change.
- Must be able to bend so as to restock needed materials, retrieve dropped items, etc.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs to include bus tubs and other various items.
- This position works in an environment that is subject to varying levels or noise and crowds; the severity of which depends upon guest volume.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Must be over 18.
EQUIPMENT AND MACHINES USED
- All equipment associated with a kitchen.