Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Wait Staff / Server
at Z Casinos
Department Product Description:
To serve food and beverages to customers and employees as promptly and as courteously as possible. To develop, maintain and enhance positive relations with all customers and employees. To perform all duties in compliance with safety standards, health standards and the Colorado Limited Gaming Act.
Department Service Guarantees:
- Establish eye contact with all guests and cheerfully welcome them to Z Casinos.
- Greet the guests by name whenever possible.
- When a guest is leaving, wish every guest "good luck" and ask them to come back soon or the equivalent in your own words.
ESSENTIALS DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides consistent Red Carpet customer service with external and internal customers, ability to deal with difficult customers in all types of business conditions and work harmoniously with co-workers.
- Serves employees and customers as promptly and as courteously as possible.
- Observes diners to respond to any additional requests
- Keeps beverages full and takes completed dishes off table. Replaces with new dishes if requested. Table maintenance
- Busses, cleans tables and resets.
- Develops, maintains and enhances positive relations with all customers and employees.
- Maintains general awareness of casino operations at all times and complies with security policies and procedures.
- Completes side duties as assigned.
- Assists other employees, assists with coverage, and maintains front of house operations when no Manager or Supervisor is on property
- Wears and maintains all uniforms properly.
- Flexible workweek with possible additional hours required.
- All Team Members maintain a clean and safe work environment and complies with safety procedures, including use of required safety equipment, identifying unsafe practices or conditions, and informing their supervisor or the Safety Committee of the unsafe conditions.
- All Team Members follow security policies and procedures and reports all violations. Performs duties in compliance with the Colorado Limited Gaming Act.
- Performs other job-related duties as directed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Demonstrate hands-on hospitality, hosting or serving experience, preferably within a gaming environment.
Demonstrate experience performing within specific deadlines or under pressure. Demonstrate experience problem solving, organizing and prioritizing work.
Education and/or Experience:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization. These language skills must be executed in English.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, and decimals. Ability to count large sums of money accurately.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations. Ability to organize and prioritize work.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Alcohol Awareness Program
- Blood borne pathogens training.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Performing physical exertion: frequent brisk walking, climbing stairs, stooping, bending, stretching, reaching, kneeling, squatting, bending, walking, pushing and standing for an entire work shift with standard breaks. May involve working in a small, confined area used to obtain food, with floors, which may become slippery in the process of preparing food and beverages. Lifting large trays containing food; and lifting up to 50 pounds to stack, store or move kitchen and restaurant supplies and equipment.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Working in a kitchen environment which contains loud noise, odors and a frequently hot or cold work environment due to running ovens and refrigeration units.
Materials and Equipment Directly Used:
Equipment typical of a retail/commercial kitchen, bar and restaurant, including computers, slicers, mixers, ovens, refrigerators, knives, spoons, forks, glasses, pitchers, and oven mitts. Various cleaning supplies and materials.