Catholic Charities Archdiocese of Denver
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Delivery Driver - Gabriel House Project (Part-Time)
at Catholic Charities Archdiocese of Denver
Catholic Charities is seeking a Delivery Driver for the Gabriel House Project in Denver, CO.
Loads product on truck and delivers product to the designated areas, safely and promptly.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Loads diapers, wipes, clothing, office supplies and other products directed by supervisor and to designated areas safely and timely.
- Unloads diapers, wipes, clothing, office supplies and other products directed by supervisor at designated sites, and ensures all products are stored properly at the sites.
- Maintains all logs and paper work accurately and timely.
- Responds quickly to customer’s needs.
- Supports, promotes and adheres to Catholic Charities’ vision, mission, values and Code of Ethics.
- Reflects Catholic Charities’ commitment to treating all persons with dignity and respect.
- Uses creativity and innovation in program development and service delivery.
- Maintains confidentiality of client and agency information.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Good steward of Agency human, financial and capital resources
- Participates effectively as a team member through communication, cooperation, information sharing and problem solving.
- Participates in staff trainings and programs as required.
- Any other tasks or duties as assigned.
- Must have valid Colorado driver’s license and a clean driving record
- Must have a reliable vehicle
- Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Flexibility and willingness to quickly shift priorities as needed.
- Knowledge of the service population’s cultural and socioeconomic characteristics and the appropriate techniques and practices for the client population.
- Ability to interact effectively as a team member and independently with Agency staff and with a diverse client base.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid Drivers License, car insurance, and current registration.
This is a part-time position, approximately 10 hours per week.
Must be able to lift up to 35-40 lbs and carry up and down stairs
Able to drive personal vehicle within the Denver Metro, Fort Collins and Ft. Morgan Area
Personal vehicle is used to transport supplies (boxes of diapers, formula, etc.) - requiring a compact SUV or larger
We conduct background checks as part of our hiring process.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We believe every employee has the right to work in an environment that is free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. Consistent with applicable laws, Catholic Charities makes all decisions involving any aspect of the employment relationship without regard to race, color, sex, age, marital status, national origin, citizenship, the presence of any physical or mental disability of someone otherwise qualified, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status or characteristic protected by local, state, or federal law. Discrimination and/or harassment based on any of those factors are inconsistent with our philosophy of doing business and will not be tolerated. This policy of non-discrimination applies to all aspects application procedures, hiring, advancement, transfers, reductions in force, discharge, compensation, training, or other terms, conditions and privileges of employment.