Catholic Charities Archdiocese of Denver
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Social Case Worker I- (Ft. Lupton and Greeley, CO)
at Catholic Charities Archdiocese of Denver
Catholic Charities is looking for a Social Case Worker I to work with Senior Services in Ft. Lupton and Greeley, CO.
This staff will carry a client case load, provide individual and group assessment/intervention, training and education on community living skills, reinforcement of positive socio-behavioral functioning, and self awareness for positive behavioral growth.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assess and identifies client strengths and potential barriers while developing a comprehensive case plan.
- Assists in the development and implementation of case management services that help clients maintain independence.
- Provides regular case conferences with clients identified on their case load.
- Maintains accurate case records; documents client contacts and progress in order to ensure accountability.
- Inputs required data information for statistical and monthly reports.
- Provides feedback on systemic barriers impeding the success of the household or program.
- Assists clients in completing paperwork for benefits acquisition.
- Networks within the community resources to achieve the best services available for the clients.
- Assists clients and advocates for them when they have barriers to overcome in meeting their goals.
- Develops and maintains appropriate, timely and accurate records, statistics and documentation of services to the clients.
- Trains, coordinates and supervises student interns and volunteers who assist with case management.
- Maintains confidentiality of client and agency information.
- Reflects Catholic Charities’ commitment to treating all persons with dignity and respect.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Uses creativity and innovation in program development and service delivery.
- Aids with grant development and reporting requirements.
- Completes or provides input to reports documenting program activities.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide emergency response coverage for the Shelter Manager and Regional Director.
- Good Steward of agency, human, financial and capital resources.
- Participates effectively as a team member through communication, cooperation, information sharing and problem solving.
- Participates in staff training and programs as required.
- Any other tasks or duties as assigned.
As needed for back-up support for the Shelter Manager and Regional Director.
- Demonstrates strong communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of the service population’s cultural and socioeconomic characteristics and the appropriate techniques and practices for the client’s population.
- Knowledge of theories and practices of Behavioral Sciences including Social Work principles, Models of Care, and knowledge of mental health symptoms and referral resources.
- Skills in the use of interviewing, assessment, and case planning.
- Skills in preparing professional reports and maintaining client documentation.
- Ability to use computer to enter client’s information into case files and compile program statistics, fax machine, copier, telephone and motor vehicle.
- Skills in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with other employees/staff, organizations and the public are required.
- Ability to interact effectively as a team member and independently with Agency staff and with a diverse client base.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from accredited four-year college or university; and one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
This is a full-time position, 30 hours per week position. 20 hours Ft. Lupton, 10 Hours Greely.
Hours are Monday through Friday, 830am to 5pm. May require some weekends/evenings as needed.
Must be bilingual in English and Spanish. Reading and writing.
Experience working with homeless or formally homeless individuals preferred.
Extensive experience working with substance abuse issues strongly preferred.
We conduct background checks as part of our hiring process.
Pre-employment drug screen required.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We believe every employee has the right to work in an environment that is free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. Consistent with applicable laws, Catholic Charities makes all decisions involving any aspect of the employment relationship without regard to race, color, sex, age, marital status, national origin, citizenship, the presence of any physical or mental disability of someone otherwise qualified, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status or characteristic protected by local, state, or federal law. Discrimination and/or harassment based on any of those factors are inconsistent with our philosophy of doing business and will not be tolerated. This policy of non-discrimination applies to all aspects application procedures, hiring, advancement, transfers, reductions in force, discharge, compensation, training, or other terms, conditions and privileges of employment.