Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Credentialed Trainer II (Louisville, CO)
at Centura Health
Centura Health connects individuals, families and neighborhoods across Colorado and western Kansas with more than 21,000 of the most talented hearts and minds in medicine.
Through Centura Health’s 17 hospitals, two senior living communities, health neighborhoods, physician clinics, Flight for Life® Colorado, home care and hospice services, we offer a diverse range of work settings in a Colorado or Kansas community you will love to call home.
Enjoy amazing people, competitive pay, some of the best benefits in the industry and plenty of opportunity for professional growth and development.
If you’re ready to discover the difference of working for a fully-integrated health system with a non-profit, faith-based mission to care, we look forward to receiving your application.
Job Description/Job Posting ID: 110924
Under general direction, organizes, prepares and conducts application-specific training programs for end-users of Health Information Technology (HIT) systems. Maintains records of training activities, employee progress and program effectiveness. Works along with Instructional Designers and Training Manager to optimize training conditions, curriculum and outcomes. Supports implementations, optimization programs, system upgrades, new-user education, and general needs of application-relevant end-users. Acts as the liaison for physicians and their staff to the hospital to ensure they are able to obtain information via our available IT solutions including Meditech, Epic, Synapse, RIS/PACS in a timely fashion. Meet and develop relationships with physicians and office staff to provide training and trouble shoot IT issues that arise in the outpatient Must pass job-specific credentialing processes. Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education Requirements
- BA/BS required, preferably in education or healthcare-related field. Equivalent work-related experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
Minimum Experience Requirements
- 3 years of general computer application experience, including proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.
- 3 years of electronic medical record (EMR) experience, preferred.
- 3 years of teaching/training experience, preferred.
- 3 years of clinical experience, preferred.
- Epic experience, preferred.
- Must be proficient at oral and written communication and demonstrate competent listening skills.
- Must be well organized, able to work independently and demonstrate problem solving skills.
Position Duties (essential functions denoted with an * )
- Provide presentations to small and large groups in classroom environments, along with one-on-one teaching.*
- Identify students in need of remedial education activities, and participate in that remediation.*
- Act as liaison between end-users and Instructional Designers to help improve curriculum and training environment.*
- Maintains classroom environment and accurate records of attendance.*
- Time commitment to training will be emphasized during implementations of new HIT systems, version upgrades and optimization initiatives.*
- Work alongside Instructional Designers and application analysts, to assess, change, and test functionality and content of the HIT system.*
- Will use system customization tools to enable end-user personalization where appropriate.*
- Provide "at the elbow" support to end-users during implementations and version upgrades, along with ad-hoc requests for support.*
- On-Call/Remote resolution activities required. *
- Non-traditional work hours may be needed to accommodate the end-user's schedules.*
- Adhere to budget guidelines set forth by supervisor.*
- Some travel will be required to support implementations, system upgrades, and regional training initiatives. Travel reimbursement will be in accordance with Cantura’s policies.*
- Will participate in optimization activities, including participation in application ASC meetings and gatherings of end-users.*
- Knowledge Maintenance
- Will maintain proficiency in the relevant applications through routine participation in their application ASC, attendance at educational events as directed by their supervisor, and passing of all proficiency evaluations as dictated by system upgrades and installations.*
Sedentary Work - prolonged periods of sitting and exert/lift up to 10lbs. force occasionally
Important notification to applicants as of Nov. 20, 2014: Effective Jan. 1, 2015, Centura Health will no longer hire tobacco users in Colorado and Kansas. The change to our policy does not apply to associates hired on or before Dec. 31, 2014. Centura Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.
SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP certification is preferred.