Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
EMT Flights- PRN
at Centura Health
- SAH AIR AMBULANCE AT SMC
- SMC-ST MARY-CORWIN MEDICAL CTR
- Work Type
- FLSA Status
Welcome to Centura Health
Welcome to the largest health ecosystem in Colorado and western Kansas. Welcome to living your mission among thousands of people on fire to live theirs too. Welcome to options, possibilities and values that guide exceptional care. Welcome to extremely important industry challenges and opportunities to solve complex problems. Welcome to highly intelligent teams, overflowing community and the wholeness of mind, body and spirit that is Centura Health.
Flourishing Begins Here
You have a purpose, unique talents and NOW is the time to embrace it, live it and put it to work. At Centura Health, we value incredible people with incredible skills – but your commitment to a greater cause is something we value even more.
Coordinates activity of the EMT group, including interviewing of candidates for EMT positions, participation in hiring, assistance in scheduling of orientation, oversight of credentials, maintenance and inspections of the ambulances and groundsafety program. Accountability for compliance with maintenance schedules, daily readiness of the vehicles, and overall cleanliness. Clinical assistance to other team members within the scope of the EMT role. Assistance to Flight Operations administration and to the Emergency Departments within the scope of the EMT role. In addition, duties of a staff EMT, including operation of the Flight For Life ground ambulances in a safe, professional/efficient manner.
What You Bring/Job Requirements
In addition to bringing your whole self to the workplace each day, qualified candidates will need the following:
- Two years of experience as a licensed EMT, including two years of experience driving an ambulance
- Familiarity with local region required
- High school diploma or GED required
- Colorado State EMT certification required
- IV certification required within two months of hire
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification from the American Heart Association required
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program within 12 months of hire/transfer, required
- Valid Colorado driver’s license and no moving violations for past two years required
- Completion of Emergency Vehicle Operator (EVOC or CVEO) within 6 months of hire/transfer
- Within 12 months of hire: Winter Driving Course
- Must maintain currency in all certifications required by CAMTS (Commission on Accreditation of Medical
Heavy Work - (Exert up to 100lbs force occasionally, and/or 50lbs frequently, and/or 20lbs constantly)
Your Connected Community
When people and places align, incredible things happen. Just like the 21,000+ amazing associates who work here, every community within Centura Health’s connected ecosystem has its own unique history, story and personality.
For more than 135 years, St. Mary-Corwin has cared for the people of Pueblo and the surrounding southern Colorado communities. Driven by a commitment to Pueblo and our healing ministry, St. Mary-Corwin is focused on its core areas of clinical strength: Cancer Care and Orthopedic Services. This concentration enables St. Mary-Corwin to serve the southern Colorado region with high-quality, high-value care for generations to come. Residents of Pueblo enjoy a moderate cost of living within this modern, mid-sized community while experiencing everything great about life in Colorado, including world-class nearby outdoor recreation, thriving local arts and culture, numerous parks, festivals and much more.