Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Gastroenterologist - Physician
at Centura Health
Centura Health Physician Group (CHPG) offers providers a true opportunity to live their calling to care while experiencing the support of a built-in comprehensive network, vast resources, professional growth, trusted leadership, generous benefits and an amazing quality of life with locations that span Colorado and into Western Kansas. CHPG is proud to connect providers and consumers through state-of-the-art technology, clinical resources and professional expertise to help people live healthier. Our coordinated services represent a full continuum of care – from preventive and early diagnoses to leading-edge treatment and life-saving critical care. CHPG’s ability to deliver better health care value is the direct result of combining the best clinical tools, shared resources and medical expertise with a patient-centered approach that emphasizes Centura Health’s mission and commitment to quality, compassion and service.
JOB DESCRIPTION/JOB POSTING ID: 34572
Mercy Regional Medical Center is seeking a Board Certified or Board Eligible Gastroenterologist. ERCP(Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangio-Pancreatography) and Endoscopic ultrasound (EUS) experience required. The right candidate will join an established practice supported by a full-service, acute care hospital. The practice has a good mix of patients with most subspecialties onsite. This unique employed opportunity offers the right person the ability to treat patients in a high quality, highly collaborative environment.
Current procedures and treatments include:
- Colonoscopy / colon cancer screening
- Endoscopic ultrasound (EUS)
- Endoscopic mucosal resection of small tumors
- Esophageal dilation or dilation of strictures
- Esophageal pH exam
- Flexible sigmoidoscopy
- H. Pylori Breath Test
- Precancerous lesions of the GI tract
- Small Bowel Capsule Endoscopy
- Upper Endoscopy (EGD, Gastroscopy)
Mercy Regional Medical Center focuses on professional excellence, patient relationships, treating the whole person, body, mind and spirit while embracing preventive medicine. With a welcoming atmosphere, patient-centered care philosophy and a commitment to be an integral part of our community; this opportunity allows the right physician a fully employed position that includes a competitive compensation package that rewards productivity, provides full health and retirement benefits, malpractice coverage and much more.
A few facts about Mercy and Durango:
Mercy Regional Medical Center:
- New, 82 bed (all private room) campus – Construction finished in 2006.
- Regional Referral center with large catchment area.
- Currently employ 15 practices in the following areas: hematology-oncology, radiation oncology, nephrology, pulmonology, cardiology (Interventional and general), primary care, hospitalist, intensivist, occupational medicine, gastroenterology, general surgery, urology, rheumatology, infectious disease and travel medicine.
Check out why poeple love it so much here!
- Durango is a flourishing mountain community that has been named “Best River Town” by Outside Magazine and has been named a “Best Place to Live” by Money Magazine, Outside Magazine, Bike Magazine and Ski Magazine. It has also been a Tree City USA for 32 years and is a League of American Bicyclists Gold Community.
- Regional airport with direct daily flights to major hubs (Denver, Phoenix, Dallas-Fort Worth).
- Excellent public, charter and private school options.
- 4 year state college in town with 4000 students.
- More restaurants per capita that San Francisco.
- Named a “Life is Better Here” town by Outside Magazine in 2013 (AGAIN).
If you’d like to learn more about the quality of life in Durango, the following webpage will be helpful -
Centura Health, Colorado's largest Health Care System which spans the state of Colorado with locations in growing, thriving communities and offers some of the most diverse and rewarding provider practice opportunities. This rare opportunity to live and practice in a thriving mountain community will provide both a professionally and personally rewarding career.
For immediate and confidential consideration, please email your CV to Jenny Coddington, Jennifercoddington@centura.org
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.