Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Office Specialist II
at Centura Health
Located in central Denver’s historic Washington Park residential neighborhood, associates at Porter Adventist Hospital enjoy beautiful surroundings, leading technology, outstanding leadership and easy access to everything great central Denver has to offer. As a full-service Magnet® designated, 368-bed acute-care referral center specializing in behavioral health, cancer care, joint replacement, spinal care, advanced robotic surgery and organ transplantation, Porter Adventist Hospital treats some of the region’s most complex medical cases and surgery patients. Our Heart and Vascular Institute is the first and only program in Colorado to receive full Heart Failure Accreditation status from the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care. We have also received numerous awards and honors including: The Healthgrades Patient Safety Excellence Award (2014); top 50th orthopedic program ranking by U.S. News & World Report with high performing honors in eight specialties (2014); an “A” rating from the Leapfrog Group for Patient Safety (2014), as well as many others. The Porter tradition of blending science and spirit began more than 75 years ago by Denver businessman Henry Porter with his generous donation after he experienced care at a Seventh Day Adventist Facility in CA and sought to bring that same philosophy of care to Denver. If you are ready for a career where the work you do truly transcends the walls of a hospital, we invite you to learn more at: http://www.porterhospital.org/
Job Description/Job Posting ID: 121247
Recruiter Contact: Mikala Ford - firstname.lastname@example.org
Clinic/Department: 7413 PAH PORTER CNTR FOR LIVER CARE
Hospital: PORTER ADVENTIST HOSPITAL
Schedule: Full Time
Provide clerical/office support within a physician clinic, including, but not limited to reception, telephone, medical records, charge entry, referrals, retrieval of medical information from internal and external systems and sources.
Minimum Education Requirements
- High School Diploma or GED required
Minimum Experience Requirements
- 1 year experience in outpatient clinic, physician office or health care setting.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and medical insurance payers
- Attention to detail
- Critical thinking and problem solving
Position Duties (essential functions denoted with an * )
- Greet patients/caregivers and provide whatever assistance needed in a manner that reflects the high quality of services with the understanding that the provision of quality medical care requires active teamwork and professional conduct.*
- Provide clerical/clinical information support to all areas of the center.*
- Assist with the gathering and processing of all necessary information and data to complete all requirements in medical records, referral, billing, and any medical treatment purposes.*
- Support the review of accuracy and update patient demographic information as needed or at least annually for each patient’s medical record and in the appropriate computer systems.*
- Answer and place telephone calls as they relate to job duties and/or retrieve on-line/voice messaging, email including: record, transmit and assume responsibility for all incoming telephone and email messages taking accurate messages from patients/caregivers for physicians and associates.*
- Schedule and confirm patient appointments and revise appointments as needed.*
- Maintain and report patient appointment accurately in the computer system to appropriate associates and administration.*
- Assist in providing efficient services to patients/caregivers including: accurate documentation of new/return visits to-center/clinics - dates and times, awareness of the importance of the accuracy of the data on the visit encounter forms/superbills and all medical record documents.*
- Timely return of medical records per provider’s written direction and routing of medical records and encounter forms/superbills to designated areas by the end of the day.*
- Cross train to all clerical operations and be prepared to supplement/replace office specialist/associates work duties as assigned.*
- Maintain knowledge of all centers office specialists’ work assignments outside of regular daily work assignments.*
- Maintain adequate level of supplies and maintain work and patients areas as necessary to facilitate clean, smooth operations.*
- Sedentary Work - prolonged periods of sitting and exert/lift up to 10 lbs. force occasionally)
Important notification to applicants as of Nov. 20, 2014: Effective Jan. 1, 2015, Centura Health will no longer hire tobacco users in Colorado and Kansas. The change to our policy does not apply to associates hired on or before Dec. 31, 2014. Centura Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.