Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Patient Care Provider CO EMT/CNA/LPN PRN
at Centura Health
St. Anthony Summit Medical Center is a Level III Trauma Center serviced by Flight For Life® Colorado and nationally recognized for excellence in patient satisfaction. We provide a full range of medical specialties and health care services to Summit County and the surrounding areas including Surgical, Emergency, Critical Care, Birth Center, Orthopedic, Breast Care, Digital Mammography, Breast MRI, Radiology and Imaging, Nuclear Medicine, Cardiology, Summit Sleep Disorders Center, Ear Nose and Throat (ENT) and Summit Spine Services. Located in the charming mountain community of Frisco, CO, St. Anthony Summit Medical Center has provided 30+ years of service to residents and the visitors who enjoy spending time in these world famous outdoor playgrounds. In addition, Summit Medical Center employs seasonal professionals (Nov. to April) to support Colorado’s nearby ski resorts with on-site urgent care during the busy winter months. Enjoy an exceptional quality of life year-round with walking/bike trails right outside your door, arts and music festivals, and of course skiing, snowboarding and every winter activity imaginable. For more about Summit Medical Center and life in Frisco, CO please visit http://www.summitmedicalcenter.org.
Job Description/Job Posting ID: 111691
Recruiter Contact: Mandy Gray (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Clinic/Department: 6205 SASMC GENERAL MEDICAL
Hospital: SUMMIT HOSPITAL
Schedule: PRN - As Needed
Shift: Could be a day or night shift - shifts are 12 hours
Assists with department, physician and patient’s needs. Transcribes physician orders and provides unit clerical functions to facilitate quality patient care. Performs direct and indirect patient care in collaboration with RN partner(s) as required.
* High School Diploma or Equivalent
* EMT- Colorado certification or LPN or CNA license in Colorado
* Current BLS certification required from American Heart Association
Minimum Experience and/or Knowledge Required
* Previous experience as unit clerk, EMT or certified nursing assistant / One year healthcare experience (pre-hospital or ED or patient care)
Essential Job Functions
* Coordinates all desk activities, such as answering phones, intercom messages, visitors, patients, physicians and other personnel at desk, handles their needs in a competent, caring manner to enhance hospital image and provide accurate information
* Transcribes physicians orders accurately and alerts, appropriate staff to orders to expedite safe efficient patient care.
* Documents tasks and observations on the patient record according to medical and legal standards
* Operates computer proficiently to coordinate scheduling of procedures and maintenance of daily charges to maintain flow of accurate information to appropriate departments.
* Maintains current patient record, organizes and updates patient chart, kardex and records in a standardized manner to provide accurate patient information
* Assumes accountability for personal and professional behavior when communicating with patients and other healthcare providers to maintain customer service standards for Centura and the department
* Orders supplies, cleans and restocks the department, assists with care and maintenance of equipment. (e.g., oxygen tanks, surgical instruments). Assist with daily tasks e.g. filing, medical records and other daily tasks received.
* Assists with daily QC checks of unit as required by the department. (Temperature recordings, COR carts, etc.)
* Delivers quality patient care as directed by the RN or physician to provide safe and effective patient care including comfort and hygiene measures, safety measures, transportation and nutritional tasks within hospital and/or department guidelines.
* Performs a variety of technical tasks which include set up of equipment, incentive spirometry, foley care and insertion, glucometer, pulse oximeter, feeding tubes, drainage tubes, specimen collection, and ambulation
* Promptly answers call lights and responds to patient needs, which may include assisting with feeding meals, passing water etc,
* Communicates with RN and physician regarding patient/family observations in an ongoing fashion to assist in the treatment of patients. Accurately and in a timely manner, reports patient status changes and needs to RN
* Accurately charts patient documentation to include vital signs, I & O, percentage of meals taken, personal hygiene, weights and other procedures performed and reports findings promptly to RN
* Performs other administrative documentation as required by unit (e.g. order entry, work logs)
Medium Work - exert/lift up to 50 lbs. force occasionally, and/or up to 20 lbs. frequently, and/or up to 10 lbs. constantly
Important notification to applicants as of Nov. 20, 2014: Effective Jan. 1, 2015, Centura Health will no longer hire tobacco users in Colorado and Kansas. The change to our policy does not apply to associates hired on or before Dec. 31, 2014. Centura Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.