Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
RN/Registered Nurse Stroke Program Coordinator - Full Time - Days - Penrose Hospital
at Centura Health
- PSF STROKE PROGRAM
- PSF-PENROSE HOSPITAL
- US-CO-Colorado Springs
- Work Type
- FLSA Status
Welcome to Centura Health
Welcome to largest health ecosystem in Colorado and western Kansas. Welcome to living your mission among thousands of people on fire to live theirs too. Welcome to options, possibilities and values that guide exceptional care. Welcome to extremely important industry challenges and opportunities to solve complex problems. Welcome to highly intelligent teams, overflowing community and the wholeness of mind, body and spirit that is Centura Health.
Flourishing Begins Here
You have a purpose, unique talents and NOW is the time to embrace it, live it and put it to work. At Centura Health, we value incredible people with incredible skills – but your commitment to a greater cause is something we value even more.
Provides the clinical nursing expertise for specific programs as it relates to the department/program to improve nursing care, promote evidence based standards. Collaborates with a multidisciplinary team to ensure continuous patient care improvements, education of nursing staff, and utilizes innovative methods from acute hospitalization. Responsible for the data abstraction, outcome analysis, and dissemination of the information.
What You Bring/Job Requirements
In addition to bringing your whole self to the workplace each day, qualified candidates will need the following:
Minimum Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience Required
Minimum Experience Requirements
- Must have 3-4 years relevant healthcare experience
- Prefer background in nursing and data management
- Current Colorado RN License
Position Duties (Essential Functions, Include % of time)
Quality – 30%
- Provides coordination of the Program, Team and associated support staff to achieve and maintain desired quality and cost outcome goals. This includes writing, reviewing and revising program policies, procedures, protocols and practice standards. Coordinator will also provide education and training on new treatment options, as they become available, at the direction of the Director of the Program.
- Participates in performance improvement activities in collaboration with the medical staff, rehabilitation staff, and nursing staff, including making recommendations on performance improvement activities. As part of the clinical excellence, utilization review and risk management programs, Coordinator establishes procedures to ensure the consistency and quality of services provided by the Program.
- Reviews plans and programs for clinical education for Team members, and maintains a current professional knowledge base in Treatment and Rehabilitation. Meets CEU requirements of the program on an annual basis.
- Must be comfortable in developing protocols, procedures and order sets with physicians, and presenting before high profile bodies
Service – 30%
- Acts as the primary liaison for the program.
- Helps assemble agendas for meetings of the committee, along with other pertinent leaders from nursing, rehabilitation and the interdisciplinary team.
- Serves as a representative on appointed committees.
Cost – 25%
- Contributes to the budget process and maintains budget integrity for the Program.
- Also assists in developing marketing strategies for existing and new programs or services, including, but not limited to community education.
- Provides oversight of community education specifically targeted at prevention.
People – 15%
- Works with and consults with Nursing Directors, Team Leaders, Nurse Clinician(s), Staff Nurses, Rehabilitative Services, Nutrition Services, Pain Management and other disciplines appropriate, to maintain effective communication regarding day-to-day functioning of the Program.
- Be available to the Team for problem solving with regard to system issues surrounding the care of patients.
- Light work - (Exert up to 20lbs force occasionally, and/or up to 10lbs frequently)
Your Connected Community
When people and places align, incredible things happen. Just like the 21,000+ amazing associates who work here, every community within Centura Health’s connected ecosystem has its own unique history, story and personality. Penrose-St. Francis Health Services is a full-service, 522-bed acute care provider in Colorado Springs comprised of Penrose Hospital and St. Francis Medical Center. Penrose Hospital serves as the anchor hospital of Penrose-St. Francis Health Services with 364-licensed beds and the ability to provide tertiary (high tech) medical-surgical services with an emphasis on elective and outpatient care. Established in 1890, Penrose Hospital has grown to become a major health treatment and referral center, specializing in cancer care, cardiac care, emergency trauma care and physical rehabilitation. St. Francis Medical Center opened in 2008 to keep pace with the growing needs of the Colorado Springs’ community on the north side of the city. St. Francis Medical Center features 172-beds and offers a modern Birth Center, Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, Pediatric Care Unit, Emergency Department, Level III Trauma Center, Imaging Services, Surgical Services and Critical Care Unit. It also serves as southern Colorado’s home base for the Flight For Life® Colorado air medical helicopter service. It’s an incredible time to join us as we celebrate more than a decade as one of Healthgrades “America’s 50 Best Hospitals” and Magnet Hospital designation from the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) for superior quality in nursing care. With 300+ days of annual sunshine, mild