Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Security Officer - Frisco, CO
at Centura Health
St. Anthony Summit Medical Center is a Level III Trauma Center serviced by Flight For Life® Colorado and nationally recognized for excellence in patient satisfaction. We provide a full range of medical specialties and health care services to Summit County and the surrounding areas including Surgical, Emergency, Critical Care, Birth Center, Orthopedic, Breast Care, Digital Mammography, Breast MRI, Radiology and Imaging, Nuclear Medicine, Cardiology, Summit Sleep Disorders Center, Ear Nose and Throat (ENT) and Summit Spine Services. Located in the charming mountain community of Frisco, CO, St. Anthony Summit Medical Center has provided 30+ years of service to residents and the visitors who enjoy spending time in these world famous outdoor playgrounds. In addition, Summit Medical Center employs seasonal professionals (Nov. to April) to support Colorado’s nearby ski resorts with on-site urgent care during the busy winter months. Enjoy an exceptional quality of life year-round with walking/bike trails right outside your door, arts and music festivals, and of course skiing, snowboarding and every winter activity imaginable. For more about Summit Medical Center and life in Frisco, CO please visit http://www.summitmedicalcenter.org.
Job Description/Job Posting ID: 93784
Recruiter Contact: Keggan Swihart, KeeganSwihart@centura.org
Clinic/Department: 8561 SASMC SECURITY
Hospital: SUMMIT HOSPITAL
Schedule: This is a Per Requested Need (PRN) or ‘as needed’ position and there are not a guaranteed number of hours offered each week. This position is not benefits eligible.
- Provides security for patients, employees and visitors; protects hospital buildings, assets, and premises as assigned.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
MINIMUM EDUCATION/CREDENTIALS/LICENSE/DEGREE REQUIRED:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Security certification preferred
- Must become PPCT-DT, RIPP Restraint and Taser Certified within six (6) months
- Must complete Basic Life Support certification
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Previous security experience preferred
- Experience in healthcare environment preferred
Essential Job Functions
- Provide security for those on the premises including: Patrolling and surveillance techniques familiar to law enforcement and security officers (including security camera monitoring and all aspects of the Lenell security system), securing and/or unlocking offices and facilities; controlling parking and traffic flow around the hospital and helipad; enforcing parking regulations; settling disturbances and intervening when necessary to ensure the peaceful atmosphere of the facility; restraining violent patients; responding to panic and other alarm activations; assisting in the removal and/or arrest of individual(s) when necessary; preventing theft and other criminal activity; securing patient belongings and lost and found items, escorting staff to and from the parking lots as requested, reporting all safety concerns or hazardous conditions.
- Documents and retains information pertaining to activities, occurrences and investigations throughout the facility and
tracks and trends information requested by the security supervisor or manager pertaining to security matters.
- Follows established hospital and departmental policies, procedures as well as maintaining confidentiality of patient/staff
- Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, in-service meetings, and
workshops, attends meetings and trainings as required, and maintains their relevant training documentation
- Participates in New Hire Orientation by educating new employees about security of the facility
- Performs other duties as assigned (e.g. code pink drills, disaster drills, employee badging and identification system support,
assisting Plant Operations staff in the maintenance/resets of the air handles/ boilers after power outages/weather related
problems, fire extinguishers and smoke detectors, and routine maintenance of the facility (replace water bottles, change
light bulbs, remove snow etc.) as requested.
Medium Work - exert/lift up to 50 lbs force occasionally, and/or up to 20 lbs frequently, and/or up to 10 lbs constantly
Important notification to applicants as of Nov. 20, 2014: Effective Jan. 1, 2015, Centura Health will no longer hire tobacco users in Colorado and Kansas. The change to our policy does not apply to associates hired on or before Dec. 31, 2014. Centura Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.