Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Surgical Tech Spine
at Centura Health
Located in central Denver’s historic Washington Park residential neighborhood, associates at Porter Adventist Hospital enjoy beautiful surroundings, leading technology, outstanding leadership and easy access to everything great central Denver has to offer. As a full-service Magnet® designated, 368-bed acute-care referral center specializing in cancer care, joint replacement, spinal care, advanced robotic surgery and organ transplantation, Porter Adventist Hospital treats some of the region’s most complex medical cases and surgery patients. Our Heart and Vascular Institute is the first and only program in Colorado to receive full Heart Failure Accreditation status from the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care. We have also received numerous awards and honors including: The Healthgrades Patient Safety Excellence Award (2014); top 50th orthopedic program ranking by U.S. News & World Report with high performing honors in eight specialties (2014); an “A” rating from the Leapfrog Group for Patient Safety (2014), as well as many others. The Porter tradition of blending science and spirit began more than 75 years ago by Denver businessman Henry Porter with his generous donation after he experienced care at a Seventh Day Adventist Facility in CA and sought to bring that same philosophy of care to Denver. If you are ready for a career where the work you do truly transcends the walls of a hospital, we invite you to learn more at: http://www.porterhospital.org/
Job Description/Job Posting ID: 108596
Recruiter Contact: MistyVarone@Centura.Org
Clinic/Department: 7211 PAH SURGERY
Hospital: PORTER ADVENTIST HOSPITAL
The Surgical Tech works under the supervision of the surgeon and RN. Assists surgical team during operative procedures by arranging and inventorying sterile set-up of instruments, equipment and supplies for surgical cases and passing items to surgeons and nurses as needed. Assists in preparing and moving patients and sterilizing and cleaning instruments, equipment and rooms.
Minimum Education Requirements
- High School Diploma or GED
- Completion of an approved Surgical Technician program preferred
Minimum Experience Requirements
- Basic Computer skills required
- One year of experience in a surgical setting preferred
- Experience in a specialty field preferred
- Basic Life Support (BLS) from the American Heart Association
- Current Colorado Surgical Technologist Registration for associates working in Colorado
* A person performing Surgical Tech functions within the scope of another Colorado license, certification, or registration does not need to register as a Surgical Tech
- Medium Work - exert/lift up to 50 lbs. force occasionally, and/or up to 20 lbs. frequently, and/or up to 10 lbs. constantly
Important notification to applicants as of Nov. 20, 2014: Effective Jan. 1, 2015, Centura Health will no longer hire tobacco users in Colorado and Kansas. The change to our policy does not apply to associates hired on or before Dec. 31, 2014. Centura Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.