Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Land Development Field Manager
at Century Communities
Summary of Position:
Century Communities, one of the nations largest homebuilders, is in search of a Land Development Field Manager to provide on-site direct supervision of construction personnel and subcontractors in all phases of the land development process. This is an excellent opportunity for a self motivated, independent individual to join the Land Development team.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Review and understand land development budgets.
- Review and provide feedback on land development contract scope.
- Review and manage to land development project schedules.
- Manage work according to final project budgets.
- Ensure that finished lots are delivered to construction department in accordance with division standards.
- Review invoices against actual work complete in field.
- Provide ongoing management and monitor all phases of land development construction through successful delivery of all lots to Construction Department.
- Coordinate on-site construction activity for scope of work for subcontractors, field consultants, etc. as necessary.
- Manage construction schedule to ensure on-time delivery of lots in accordance with business plan.
- Ensure that all active construction sites comply with regulatory and safety requirements of jurisdictional agencies and corporate policy.
- Regularly review all active development projects, including other construction activities as may be assigned from time to time, to verify work in progress, contractor activity and manpower.
- Coordinate inspection process in cooperation with site contractor.
- Communicate safety standards to laborers and sub-contractors; enforce safety regulations on all job sites.
- Work with construction department to resolve finished lot deficiencies.
- Enforce OSHA safety requirements, ATSSA traffic control standards and NPDES sediment control BMP’s.
- Prepare and submit weekly progress reports.
- Maintain project files and records.
- Other duties or projects as assigned or needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be able to read construction documents, surveys and technical reports to maintain quality control and oversee all aspects of construction including underground utilities, paving, grading and drainage infrastructure.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Project.
- Ability to explain complex issues to others in a manner easily understood by both associates in the industry and customers with limited knowledge of construction processes or terminology
- Analytical with ability to give, receive, and analyze information in order to make effective decisions under pressure, in a high-volume fast paced environment
- Ability to prioritize projects, work against deadlines and organize work flow with multiple interruptions
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to interface with all levels within the organization, dissatisfied customers, outside vendors, subcontractors, and laborers
- Excellent problem/conflict resolution skills, ability to handle and diffuse difficult situations and customer concerns in a positive manner
- High degree of integrity
- Works with minimal oversight
Education and Experience:
- Degree in Construction Management may be substituted for up to 4 years of experience
- 5-7 years off-site/infrastructure construction experience with increasing levels of project oversight experience.
- OSHA 10/30 Construction qualification preferred.
- Experience with heavy civil or infrastructure construction preferred