Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Century Communities
Job Reference #: oPPe9fwL
Position at Century Communities
- Schedule according to the company Scheduling System and ensure all construction activity follows the established critical path and cycle time
- Understand and maintain the current lead times for trade contractors and suppliers, and provide them with copies of the schedule on a timely basis.
- Properly schedule and oversee the completion of all designated municipal inspections.
- Properly schedule and verify the completion of all designated internal quality inspections.
- Update division construction status reporting information according to established time frames.
- Ensure all homes are scheduled with a final Quality Inspection prior to the Pre-Occupancy Orientation.
- Ensure all homes are 100% complete on or before the established Pre-Occupancy
- Review all applicable job-specific information with trade contractors prior to the commencement of work.
- Provide regular written feedback to the Purchasing Department on trade contractor performance
- Properly manage the location and appearance of all job site equipment, restrooms, and materials to ensure they do not interfere with marketing efforts and occupied homes.
- Ensure homes and production sites under construction are maintained in a clean, well-organized, safe and secure manner.
- Maintain a clean, organized, and accessible field office and construction storage area.
- Know and enforce all job site rules, regulations, and safety.
- Customer Relations- Customer Satisfaction
Schedule and conduct all formal “points of contact,” with the customer, according to the established formats, and promptly follow-up on any outstanding questions or issues.
- Initiate additional contact with customers according to company requirements.
- Ensure expectations are being accurately established at all points of contact, using the Homeowner Manual and Company outlines and checklists.
- Be courteous and present a professional appearance when interacting with customers.
- Properly document customer concerns and come to a decision and plan of action with the customer within agreed upon time frames.
- Respond to customer contact within established time frames and document all communication in the homeowner file.
- Communicate customer satisfaction measurement process to customers.
- Achieve the company-specified customer satisfaction goals
- Identify and document correctly all variances and determine their cause to ensure future elimination.
- Monitor job sites continually to identify and correct inefficiencies and waste.
- Authorize payment only after field verification of quality and 100% completion of work.
- Resolve any questions or problems regarding invoices and/or payments with the appropriate parties.
- Adhere to all established policies and procedures for authorization and payment of non-contract work.
- Ensure material deliveries are accurate regarding quality and quantity, and handle any discrepancies on site at the time of delivery or within 48 hours.
- Ensure the proper delivery and storage of materials to guard against theft, damage, or misuse.
- Promptly and properly communicate material variances to the Company.
- Properly document all material returns.
- Review plan accuracy and properly communicate any problems to the Construction Department.
- Enforce the company quality standards at all times.
- Ensure adherence to all defect-prevention procedures.
- Walk all homes under construction daily according to company practices and conduct inspections. Document in homeowner file all inspection checklists.
- Conduct all quality control inspections in accordance with company requirements. Document in homeowner file all quality inspection checklists.
- Conduct pre-occupancy orientations on homes and ensure all items are 100% complete and signed off prior to closing.
- Monitor job sites daily and address apparent safety issues immediately.
- Hold job site safety meetings with contractors as determined by the Company.
- OSHA 10/30 Construction qualification preferred
- Complete all established paperwork, reports, and files in accordance with the company format and timeframes.
- Present a professional image in accordance with company appearance standards.
- Maintain a high level of ethics and integrity in all dealings.
- Maintain a personal time management system to facilitate organization and efficiency.
- Attend and pass all required training programs (management and technical)
- Demonstrate good judgment and decision-making skills.
Knowledge/Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of all applicable codes
- Knowledge of the issues of mold and mold remediation
- Knowledge of condominium or multi-family construction concepts and practices
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret financial reports
- Ability to read blueprints
- Ability to plan, organize, manage and supervise activities of direct reports
- Ability to analyze problems and recommend solutions
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with customers, contracted agencies and workers, other employees, supervisory personnel
- Responsible for monitoring construction cost within house budgets
- Approval authority for purchases and contracts up to budgeted cost
- Field Purchase Order approval up to $500
- Responsible for planning and directing work and appraising performance. Makes recommendations to the Area Construction Manager and Sr. Field Manager on promotions/transfers, salary actions, hiring, disciplinary discussions, and terminations.
- Works outside in extreme weather conditions, requires walking, climbing, standing and/or sitting for long periods. May require heavy lifting using appropriate safety equipment. Requires the use of safety glasses and boots.
Education and Experience
3-5 years' experience in condominium or multi-family construction
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job. Other duties may be assigned as needed.