Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr. Data Scientist-Healthcare Provider Analytics
Improve the lives of others using Big data!
Cigna's Data Science team uses Hadoop/Hive SQL along with Python/ /R/SAS to find actionable insights that lead to more efficient and higher quality care, as well as improve provider and patient satisfaction. We are looking for someone as passionate as we are about delivering innovative insights through program evaluations to support interventions and our value-based programs. This person can independently complete rigorous research tasks but also enjoys collaborating with other data scientists and non-technical partners.
So, you're excited and motivated to take over this challenging role by becoming the newest member of this team? Great choice! Let's check some boxes to see if you fit the bill:
• Perform advanced analytics (multilevel modeling, generalized liner models, case/control matching) to answer “what happened?”
• Conduct key driver analysis to determine “why did it happen?”
• Enthusiastically share insights with internal and external non-technical partners “why does this matter?”
• Lead deployment of innovative solutions and ensure data driven decisions lead to action “what can we do differently?”
• Innate curiosity and drive to continually learn new techniques and innovate “how can we provide better insights?”
Role Summary: This person will conduct advanced analytics to generate actionable insights.
• Collaborate with stakeholders to design and evaluate interventions designed to improve quality and efficiency
• Provide actionable insights to provider/clinical partners and leadership:
o Query healthcare data (claims, clinical, pharmacy, externally sourced) in Hadoop using complex SQL joins and statements.
o Use advanced statistical analysis including risk adjustment, episode analytics, power analysis, matched case control studies, etc.
o Support Information Management/Technology to automate solutions.
o Present findings and data-driven recommendations to non-technical business partners and leadership, as well as submit innovative research to national/international conferences and peer-reviewed journals.
o Supervise, coach, and develop colleagues.
Please note-you must have experience in the last 12 months with complex SQL table joins including left, right, full, outer, and cross joins, as well as health outcomes research using methods like case/control matching or coarsened exact matching.
• Advanced degree or equivalent experience in Statistics, Biostatistics, Epidemiology, Health Outcomes Research, Actuarial Science, Social Science, or Data Science.
• Minimum of 3 years' work experience as a data scientist
• Strong technical skills to extract and analyze Big Data such as: SQL and Hadoop
• Complete advanced statistical analysis using Python/R/SAS.
• Subject matter expert in longitudinal program evaluation and/or predictive modeling.
• Ability to explain and present advanced statistical methods using non-technical language to key business stakeholders
• Strong Healthcare data knowledge (medical claims data, clinical data, pharmacy data and eligibility data) preferred.
• Very strong consultative skill set with a penchant for business acumen.
Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status. Need an accommodation? Email: SeeYourself@cigna.com