City of Aurora
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at City of Aurora
- Summary of Job Duties
City of Aurora, Colorado
It is an exciting time to work for the City of Aurora, we're growing and looking for dedicated and collaborative individuals to join our team of talented and valued employees. Excellent organizations have a set of principles, or core values, that are used to implement their mission and vision. Those values represent the touchstone for the organization, guiding the decisions of the individuals and the organization. At the City of Aurora, we demonstrate our excellence by modeling the CORE 4 Values of: Integrity, Respect, Professionalism, and Customer Service, and we welcome all who share these values to apply.
Why Work for Aurora?
- Make a difference in the lives of real people every day
- Diverse community
- Competitive total compensation package
- Well-Funded General Employees Retirement Plan
- Light rail station minutes away
- On-site fitness center and wellness programs
- Internal educational programs to assist with career advancement
- Access to innovation work spaces
- PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform basic and routine functions, such as reception, mail handling, filing and records maintenance
- Implements facility rental policies, oversees rental contracts and events
- Translation of recreation guide and other promotional material
- Assists in scheduling of facilities and events
- Composing correspondence, answering and referring calls and emails
- Processing documents and payments
- Oversees front desk supervision and operations of assigned facility that provides recreation programming and rental opportunities to citizens
- Performing data entry, and providing basic/initial customer service activities.
- Performing office functions such as distributing and copying documents, moving and storing items, composing forms and standard documents, and serving walk-in customers
- Preforms daily counts of cash drawers and change banks.
- Provides outstanding customer both in person and over the phone to patrons and members of the community.
- Perform all other tasks as assigned
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- High school degree, GED, or equivalent experience.
- 1 years of recreation experience and 1 year of office experience (preferred)
- Knowledge of City of Aurora PROS programming and services. An understanding of the City of Aurora Core 4 Values. An understanding of programming and exceptional customer service.
- The ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees and citizens. The ability to respond to customer inquiries and complaints in a timely manner. Shifts for this position require the candidate to be available to regularly work evenings, weekends, weekdays and holidays.
- Strong organization, management, communication, interpersonal and planning skills are required.
Licenses, Certificates, and/or equipment required:
- Must have the ability to obtain a Colorado Driver's License with a good driving record.
- WORKING CONDITIONS
- Light physical work requiring the ability to lift a maximum of 30 pounds
- Occasional lifting, carrying, walking, and standing
- Frequent hand/eye coordination to operate office equipment
- Vision for reading, recording, and interpreting information
- Frequent speech communication and hearing to maintain communication with employees and citizens.
- Works primarily in a clean, comfortable environment; works a varied schedule including morning, nights and weekends
- Uses standard office equipment including a computer, telephone, and copy machine.
For Veterans points: Please show all of your employment history, including military service and related documentation (DD214) on the application.
The City of Aurora is an equal opportunity employer. We are required by state and federal agencies to keep certain statistical records on applicants. It will not be used in any way to discriminate against you because of your sex, race, age, sexual orientation, creed, national origin, disability or military status, gender identity, unless related to a bona fide occupational qualification as defined by the Colorado Civil Rights Commission and the Equal Opportunity Commission.
If you need assistance in completing this application, please feel free to contact our office at: 303-739-7225 or visit us at 15151 E Alameda Pkwy., Suite 3500, Aurora, CO 80012.
Despite the changes in Colorado law, the City of Aurora maintains a drug free workplace. A positive test of marijuana is grounds for disqualification and ineligibility for employment with the city for one year or termination once hired.
Drug Testing, Thorough Criminal Background Check, and Employment References:
As a condition of employment, all applicants selected for employment with the City of Aurora must undergo a thorough criminal background check and drug screening. Employment references will be conducted on finalists for City of Aurora vacancies.