City of Aurora
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Benefits Analyst - Human Resources
at City of Aurora
- Summary of Job Duties
Under the direction of the Compensation & Benefits Supervisor, the Benefits Analyst is responsible for providing human resources advice on all city Benefit programs and Leave of Absence Programs using complex problem-solving. This requires the ability to accurately research internal policies and procedures as well as understand federal and state laws and regulations as they relate to this functional area. A high level of attention to detail in communications, system updates, and the creation and implementation of benefit and leave programs is needed. The Benefits Analyst will support other areas in the department as needed including compensation and recruitment.
- PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs professional level work in the administration of the city's employee benefits programs including research, analysis, development, and implementation
- Ensures compliance with applicable federal and state laws and regulations related to general benefits and leave programs
- Coordinates and conducts Benefit Orientation for newly hired employees
- Researches, analyzes and assists employees with claim resolution
- Provides interpretation, guidance and assistance on city policies and procedures regarding benefits issues to managers, supervisors and employees
- Responds to and participates in the development and implementation of surveys related to the benefits function
- Completes special projects and reports related to benefits issues
- Assists in maintenance and administration of the human resources and payroll systems
- Monitors and administers leave of absence programs
- Performs additional duties as assigned
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Associates degree or two years college level course work
- At least 3 years in the Human Resources as a Benefits professional
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field
Knowledge: Knowledge of human resource processes and procedures; personal computer and related software applications including word processing, data base, and spreadsheet applications. Working Knowledge of benefits programs, policies, procedures and legal requirements.
Abilities: Ability to analyze data and make appropriate recommendations. Establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, citizens and managers; handle sensitive situations with tact and diplomacy; make accurate arithmetic calculations and keep detailed records; set priorities and work with minimal supervision; interact knowledgeably with staff and public in person and by phone.
Skills: Strong interpersonal and customer service skills. Strong Excel skills for data gathering and analytical purposes.
Equipment Used/Required: Frequently uses standard office equipment including personal computers calculators and copy/fax machines
- WORKING CONDITIONS
Physical Demands: Primarily sedentary physical work requiring the ability to lift 10 pounds with or without assistance; occasional lifting, carrying, walking and standing; frequent hand/eye coordination to operate personal computer and office equipment; vision for reading, recording and interpreting information; speech communication and hearing to maintain communication with employees and citizens.
Work Environment: Works primarily in an office environment.
Equipment Used/Required: Frequently uses standard office equipment including personal computers and related software, telephones, calculators and copy/fax machines.______________________________________________________________________
For Veterans points: Please show all of your employment history, including military service and related documentation (DD214) on the application.
The City of Aurora is an equal opportunity employer. We are required by state and federal agencies to keep certain statistical records on applicants. It will not be used in any way to discriminate against you because of your sex, race, age, sexual orientation, creed, national origin, disability or military status, gender identity, unless related to a bona fide occupational qualification as defined by the Colorado Civil Rights Commission and the Equal Opportunity Commission.
If you need assistance in completing this application, please feel free to contact our office at: 303-739-7225 or visit us at 15151 E Alameda Pkwy., Suite 3500, Aurora, CO 80012.
Despite the changes in Colorado law, the City of Aurora maintains a drug free workplace. A positive test of marijuana is grounds for disqualification and ineligibility for employment with the city for one year or termination once hired.
Drug Testing, Thorough Criminal Background Check, and Employment References:
As a condition of employment, all applicants selected for employment with the City of Aurora must undergo a thorough criminal background check and drug screening. Employment references will be conducted on finalists for City of Aurora vacancies.