City of Boulder Colorado
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Homeless Solutions for Boulder County Program Manager
at City of Boulder Colorado
Boulder County Community Services is hiring! We're looking for an experienced individual to join Strategic Initiatives as our Homeless Solutions for Boulder County Program Manager. This senior-level management position is responsible for planning and managing regional efforts to coordinate, integrate, support and evaluate homeless policies and services across the County.
Major responsibilities include 1) lead efforts that support a diverse array of stakeholders, such as county and municipal officials, and nonprofit service providers in joint homeless planning and implementation activities; 2) facilitate and support the HSBC Executive Board and other governance and working groups; 3) provide planning, oversight, and support to implementation efforts; 4) develop and oversee project evaluation efforts; and 5); assist with grant writing and implementation of grant-funded projects.
This is a full-time, benefited position with Boulder County. Work hours are Monday through Friday, totaling 40 hours per week. The position works out of Boulder, CO. Under FLSA guidelines, this position is exempt from overtime.
Hiring salary range: $75,816 to $83,000 per year
Classification salary range: $75,816 to $109,200 per year
- Examples of Duties
- Coordinates planning and implementation of HSBC efforts across Boulder County with all stakeholders.
- Works constructively with the HSBC Executive Board to set a larger vision for homeless efforts.
- Implements systems of accountability to help ensure the accomplishment of HSBC goals, priorities, work plans, and programmatic efforts.
- Recommends changes and improvements to homeless policy and service efforts, incorporating concepts of continuous quality improvement and implementation of evidence-based best practices:
- Monitors and guides homeless work plan efforts and provides progress reports to the HSBC Executive Board and other stakeholders;
- Researches and analyzes critical issues identified by stakeholders, recommends strategic options and describes their implications;
- Develops project performance measures and evaluation strategies for core service and process components;
- Prepares operational and statistical reports to guide stakeholder efforts;
- Makes oral and written presentations to stakeholder groups and the broader community.
- Provides professional consultation for all associated governance and working groups:
- Assists HSBC Board Chair and committee chairpersons with the development and posting of agendas, meeting minutes, and other correspondence;
- Attends and staffs all relevant meetings;
- Represents homeless efforts, as appropriate, in all system planning and data collection efforts and at relevant local and state committee meetings;
- Works with administrative staff to finalize and distribute minutes from all meetings.
- Prepares reports measuring the successful implementation of the plan, as well as challenges and recommendations.
- Supports communications strategies to ensure stakeholders and clients understand HSBC processes.
- Collaborates with governmental and private agencies to coordinate services and assists in the resolution of problems or questions related to service efforts.
- Assists in the identification of needed resources and participates in grant writing efforts.
- Required Qualifications
PLEASE NOTE: When submitting your application be sure to include all relevant education and experience, as applications are screened based on the qualifications listed in this position announcement. Applications that do not appear to meet minimum qualifications, as outlined below, will not be considered. Resumes are not accepted in lieu of completed applications.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Boulder County is looking for well-qualified candidates to fill our positions. Any combination of relevant education and experience is encouraged. In this position, we are looking for 6 years of combined education and experience. This can include degrees in public administration, social work, political science, organizational development, or related field. Experience can include work within homeless service delivery or management efforts, public administration and/or human services provision.
- Supplemental Information
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & EXPERIENCE:
- Two years of management experience
- public administration, social work, political science, organizational development, or related field
- Experience researching and writing reports
- Demonstrated experience and success in strategic planning efforts
- Experience conducting data analysis and program evaluation
- Experience working with diverse groups as a leader and/or facilitator
- Knowledge of homeless programs and systems-related approaches
- Knowledge and understanding of local, county, State and federal approaches to addressing homelessness
- Skill in data collection and analysis, with the ability to develop and effectively present information clearly and in a compelling manner
- Ability to develop, recommend and implement effective plans and objectively evaluate progress toward goals and timetables
- Ability to work as an effective and collaborative team player
- Ability to write and speak effectively, including the ability to facilitate effective meetings
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with government officials, service providers and the general public
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Skill and proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to work the allocated hours of the position
- Critical thinking skills and ability to synthesize complex information: Is highly analytic and can bring together and organize different types of information (quantitative, qualitative, research literature, etc.) for use by stakeholders.
- Organizational Agility: Is knowledgeable about how organizations work; understands reasoning behind key principles, practices, and procedures; understands the cultures of organizations.
- Planning: Accurately scopes out the length and difficulty of tasks and projects; sets objectives and goals; anticipates and adjusts for problems and roadblocks; measures performance goals; evaluates results.
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to all kinds of people – up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact.
- Understands research and the evidence base related to homeless policies and services: Can apply known effective strategies to efforts, helping stakeholder critically assess alternative options and implications.
Boulder County is a family-friendly workplace dedicated to fostering a diverse, inclusive, and respectful environment for all employees. We prohibit unlawful discrimination against applicants and employees on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, socio-economic status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.