City of Colorado Springs
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Airport Design and Construction Manager
at City of Colorado Springs
- Description / Position Overview
The hiring salary for this position is between $6,551 and $7,864 per month.
Colorado Springs, with an estimated population of 457,715, occupies 195 square miles at the base of majestic Pikes Peak - America's Mountain and enjoys nearly 300 days of sunshine per year. Colorado Springs is the state's largest city in terms of area and second to Denver in population. The "Springs" is home to several military establishments, including the Air Force Academy, many colleges and universities, the United States Olympic Committee Headquarters, and over 40 different sports organizations. Colorado Springs is a thriving city with over 30 Fortune 500 companies and a leader in the aerospace and defense industries. It also has a diverse collection of non-profit organizations and businesses with a large number of tourist attractions. Colorado Springs ranked 5th in the US News and World Report 2016 Best Places to Live in the United States, 23rd Best Community for Well-Being by the Gallup-Healthways Well Being Index in 2015, and was a finalist for the All-American City Award in 2013.
The City of Colorado Springs, which is among the community's largest employers, is organized as a home rule Council-Mayor form of municipal government with a popularly elected Mayor and nine council members.
Learn about the City of Colorado Springs as an employer and what our beautiful city has to offer as a place to live and work by clicking on the following links: http://www.choosecoloradosprings.com/
This information may change annually.
Colorado Springs Airport
The Colorado Springs Airport serves as the first impression for thousands of visitors, giving them a breathtaking view of Pikes Peak and a taste of Colorado hospitality. In addition, the Airport is a major catalyst in the growth and development of the Colorado Springs region and plays a significant role in bringing new business, conventions, and tourism to the area.
Airport Design and Construction Manager
In this position, you will oversee and manage the implementation of planned Airport capital construction projects.
Essential Job Functions - the basic job duties an employee must be able to perform:
- Identify and describe intent and type of project, scope and limits of project, budget and cost estimates, and schedule and resources; manage, coordinate, and oversee design development
- Develop project scope; negotiate, write, review, and execute contracts with outside architects and engineers
- Complete a semi-annual review to determine status of current and future capital improvements; work with Airport management, finance, and accounting to develop funding plans
- Coordinate and conduct comprehensive plan reviews with staff, outside departments, Airport tenants and user groups, local, state, and federal regulatory agencies
- Complete construction documents and technical specifications; oversee and administer the execution and completion of construction contracts with contractors; manage the bid process through all stages of the project
- Coordinate progress of projects; ensure compliance of established budget; perform final acceptance inspections
- Identify issues and provide guidance on resolution
- Knowledge of program and contract administration
- Knowledge of construction project management
- Knowledge of pertinent federal, state, and local laws, codes, and regulations
- Ability to read plans and blueprints
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Exceptional organizational and customer service skills
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in architecture, engineering, planning, real estate development, project management, or a related field
- Five years of full-time professional experience in airport planning, design, construction, and real estate development, including two years of supervisory experience
- Possess, or obtain upon hire, and maintain a valid, non-probationary Colorado driver's license not subject to restriction related to alcohol and/or drug violations or pending charges
- Construction management and capital improvement plan experience in an airport environment
Fiscal Responsibility: You will be responsible for monitoring budget/fiscal expenditures (typically nondiscretionary expenditures) and the fiscal management of capital project(s).
- Additional Information
The selected candidate must pass (or have already passed) a fingerprint-based criminal history records check as required by the Transportation Security Administration.
Physical Demands: The position requires the ability to lift up to 20 pounds occasionally and 10 pounds frequently.
Primary Work Environment - Office environment with some travel from site to site
Extreme Temperature - Seasonally
Wetness and Humidity - Seasonally
Respiratory Hazards - Seasonally
Noise and Vibrations - Several times per month
Physical Hazards - Several times per month
Mechanical and/or Electrical Hazards - Occasionally
Exposure to Communicable Diseases - Rarely
This job announcement is not intended to include a complete listing of all responsibilities, knowledge, skills, and abilities associated with the position.
Please visit https://coloradosprings.gov/jobs and click on 'Apply for a City Career' > 'City Career Postings - Apply Now' button to complete an online application. All job applicants will need to create a new login and online application (unless you already have a NEOGOV/governmentjobs.com user ID and password).
Completing your application in full, including the entire work experience section, will assist Human Resources (HR) in the applicant screening process. Your application may not be considered if all of the information requested for each employer you list is not provided.
Our NEOGOV application system does not allow you to edit your application after it has been submitted for a position. If you want to make changes, you may submit another application prior to the position's closing date and time listed in the job posting. HR will review the last application you submit for a position.
To view the City's job classifications, including physical demands and descriptions, go to https://www.coloradosprings.gov/human-resources/page/job-classifications-descriptions.
To view the status of your application, go to http://agency.governmentjobs.com/cosprings/default.cfm.
To be notified of future career opportunities, go to http://coloradosprings.gov/jic
If hired, you will be required to provide proof of your eligibility to work in the United States.****************************************************
Equal Opportunity Employer