City of Commerce City
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Batting Cage/Field Supervisor II
at City of Commerce City
- General Purpose
Under general supervision of the Athletic Supervisor, the Batting Cage/Field Supervisor will assist in planning, organizing, promoting and supervising the batting cages. Will be the onsite field rentals supervisor for baseball, softball, soccer, football programs and tournaments, special events and various other duties. Weekend and evening hours will be scheduled.
- Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- • Performs a variety of tasks to assist in the coordination, development and implementation of the batting cages, field rentals, services, and resources for the Recreation Department.• Participates in the recommendation and evaluation of improvements to the batting cages and athletic fields that will assist to provide maximum enjoyment for all the participants.• Provide exceptional customer service.• Provide supervision at program facility sites.• Ensure all facilities and playing surfaces are in safe and operable condition.• Assist with facility operations; locks, gates, lights, bases, etc.• Ensures facilities and equipment are left in a secure condition by closing and locking all gates, windows, doors, and setting alarms.• Creates bi-weekly staff schedule for the batting cages.• Instruct renters on scoreboard operations.• Drives City vehicle.• Must comply with City and departmental rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.• Performs other duties as assigned
- Minimum Qualifications
- • Must have a valid Colorado Driver's License.• Must be a minimum of 18 years of age.• Previous customer service experience preferred.• Previous experience of batting cage operations is a plus.• Previous experience as a field/gym supervisor is a plus.• Previous cash handling experience preferred.• Experience in telephone courtesy.• CPR and First Aid Certification are preferred, required within three months of hire.• Concussion Training preferred required within three months of hire.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities• Comprehensive knowledge of batting cages and athletic programs.• Thorough knowledge of the policies, procedures and activities of the Parks and Recreation Department as they pertain to the performance of the duties of the Batting Cage/Field Supervisor.• Proven ability to lead, organize, and supervise both staff and citizens alike.• Must be highly motivated, professional and have the capacity to take direction successfully.• Ability to comprehend, interpret and apply regulations, procedures, and related information.• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, respond calmly and professionally to stressful or emergency situations.• Well-developed customer service and public relations skills.• Must be willing to work evenings, weekends and holidays.• Ability to substitute for other team members when necessary and work special events.
- Equipment Used, Work Environment and Physical Activities
- • Office equipment: Occasional – Copier, Telephone, Fax, Calculator.• Computer equipment: Occasional - Basic computer equipment - Computer/ Microsoft Office/Windows/Point of Sale/Excel.• Other equipment: Batting cage machine, various tools, cash register, scoreboard operations, first aid supplies, and cleaning supplies.• Language skills: Requires ability to read a variety of documents; Rules, Regulations, Permits, Instructions, etc. Is able to follow verbal and written instruction.• Mathematical skills: Ability to utilize mathematical formulas; to add and subtract totals; to multiply and divide.• Reasoning ability: Ability to deal with people beyond receiving instructions.• Physical activities: sequential or simultaneous use of hands, arms, feet and legs. Carrying, bending, sitting, stooping, walking, standing, running.• Lifting: Must be able to life a maximum of up to 75 pounds• Vision and hearing: Ability to differentiate between colors and shades of colors. Close and Distance Vision. Eye hand coordination, depth perception, and moderate noise level.• Exposure to environmental conditions: continuous
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications. Employees are accountable for all duties associated with this position.