City of Commerce City
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Cook I PT
at City of Commerce City
- General Purpose
Under the supervision of the Golf Course Kitchen Supervisor and the Kitchen Assistant, the Cook I is responsible for the kitchen line for the Golf Course Restaurant.
- Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- The Cook I must prepare food for all daily events. Food preparation includes, but is not limited to the following: breakfast, cold salads, sandwiches, entrees, special event items, and all items needed to work the cook's line. Must cook all food menu items.
- Must maintain clean equipment, counters, walls, refrigerators, freezers, stoves, ovens, and all coolers
- Responsible for the cleanliness of all china, glasses, silverware, pots, pans, and other kitchen utensils
- Must be able to complete food prep list at the beginning of the shift
- Must keep all traffic areas safe and clear of obstacles
- Must ensure that all health standards are met in all areas at all times
- Must comply with all City and departmental rules, regulations, policies and procedures
- Must be highly motivated and take direction well
- Minimum Qualifications
Minimum of 16 years of age and six months cooking experience at a full service restaurant preferred, but we will train. English skills are essential.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:• Must be willing to work weekends and holidays• Must be able to lift heavy items without restriction
- Equipment Used, Work Environment and Physical Activities
- • Driving: None• Office equipment: Occasional use of copier, fax, scanner, printer• Computer equipment: POS equipment• Other equipment: None• Language skills: Ability to speak to people to convey or exchange information; reads and understands instructions; writes legible work• Mathematical skills: None• Reasoning ability: Applies common sense understanding to carry out simple written and oral instructions; deals with standardized situations or problems involving a few concrete variables• Physical activities: Majority of shift is spent standing up• Lifting: Must be able to lift 50 pounds• Vision and hearing: Must be able to read instructions and respond to spoken communications• Exposure to environmental conditions: Usual restaurant kitchen environment; some exposure to heat and cold
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications. Employees are accountable for all duties associated with this position.