City of Commerce City
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Cook II PT
at City of Commerce City
- General Purpose
- Please apply online, or visit the Bison Grill to apply in-person.
Under the supervision of the Golf Course Kitchen Supervisor, the Food & Beverage Manager and Kitchen Assistant, the Cook II is responsible as the line cook for opening/closing shifts at the Golf Course Restaurant.
- Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- • The Cook II must prepare food for all daily events. Food preparation includes, but is not limited to the following: breakfast, cold salads, sandwiches, hamburgers, dinners, and all items needed to work the cook's line. Must cook all food menu items.• Must work special events and banquets when needed• Must ensure all deliveries are properly received, stocked and rotated• Must be able to complete food prep list at the beginning of shift• Is responsible for cleaning equipment, counters, walls, refrigerators, stoves, ovens, and all coolers• Responsible for the cleanliness of all china, glasses, silverware, pots, pans, and other kitchen utensils• Must keep all traffic areas safe and clear of obstacles• Must ensure that all health standards are met in all areas at all times• Must comply with all City and departmental rules, regulations, policies and procedures• Must be highly motivated and take direction well
- Minimum Qualifications
Minimum of 16 years of age with two years previous cooking experience at a full service restaurant required. English skills are essential.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must be willing to work weekends and holidays
- Must be able to lift heavy items without restriction
- Equipment Used, Work Environment and Physical Activities
- • Office equipment: Telephone• Computer equipment: Computer Terminal• Other equipment: Kitchen equipment• Language skills: Ability to speak to people to convey or exchange information; record and deliver information in a teaching or instructional setting, ability to speak above noise with voice control and confidence; ability to read and prepare written documents with proper format, punctuation, spelling and grammar, using all parts of speech• Mathematical skills: Must be able to complete basic math functions (+,-,*, /) with accuracy• Reasoning ability: Ability to make appropriate decisions in a variety of restaurant kitchen related situations where only limited standardization exists; interprets a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagrammatic, or schedule form• Physical activities: Majority of shift is spent standing and/or walking• Lifting: Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds• Vision and hearing: Must have high levels of eye/hand coordination, ability to coordinate hands and eyes in using various types of equipment• Exposure to environmental conditions: Usual restaurant kitchen environment; some exposure to heat and cold
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications. Employees are accountable for all duties associated with this position.