City of Commerce City
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Golf Shop Assistant III
at City of Commerce City
- General Purpose
Under the supervision of the Head Golf Professional and guidance of the First Assistant Golf Professional the Golf Shop Assistant III is responsible for general merchandise and point of sale related tasks in the golf shop including booking tee times, greeting and checking in guests, maintaining golf shop displays and promoting & executing the golf course programs and services.
- Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- • Opening and closing the golf shop, cart barn and overall golf course.• Must be able to work a variety of shifts including early mornings, weekends, midday, and evening shifts.• Assist in the daily coordination of the golf course play and practice range operation• Assist with control and management of play• Assist with merchandise inventory controls.• Assist with development, promotion & execution of all the golf programs including the junior player development programs.• Enforces all golf course policies• Knows and follows all the golf shop procedures accurately and consistently• Conducts oneself professionally on the telephone and at all times in the work areas.• Assists with booking tee times, greeting customers, and answering telephones.• Assists in facilitating emergency action procedures for the clubhouse and golf course at times of severe weather or other times of emergency.• Demonstrates safe work habits with awareness of co-worker and public safety.• Checks and cleans all golf shop areas and areas of the clubhouse and surrounding grounds at times.• Provides a high level of customer service and hospitality to all guests at all times.• Lead various golf and player development programs and small tournaments.• Assists with set up, execution and breakdown of course programs and tournament operations as requested.• Assists other golf operations staff members as needed.• Drive City Vehicles both on and of the golf course premises.• Complies with City and departmental rules, regulations, policies, and procedures• Exhibits flexibility, creativity, and efficiency in performing work assignments• Serves the community with courteous, tactful and respectful actions toward citizens, customers, and co-workers• Communicates clearly, honestly, and timely to supervisors and co-workers at all levels• Works effectively in a team environment by completing assignments, adapting to changing circumstances, and respecting diversity
- Minimum Qualifications
- • High School/GED Diploma.• Must be a minimum of 18 years of age.• Previous golf shop experience.• PGA Apprentice or equivalent experience.• Must possess a valid Colorado Driver's license or ability to obtain one within 30 days of employment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Have a strong interest in golf and above average playing ability (Pass PGA's Playing Ability Test or equivalent).• Proficient in USGA golf rules and golf course etiquette.• Ability to teach golf to beginner golfers and juniors consistent with the PGA instructional methods, policies and procedures or equivalent.• Manages Golf Course and City owned tools, equipment, supplies, and resources for the best interest of citizens• Must be highly motivated and take direction well• Must be willing to work evenings, weekends and holidays.• Must possess a basic knowledge of golf and golf course etiquette.• Understands and responds to customer needs.• Ability to administer basic first aid and CPR.• Ability to act quickly and calmly in emergency situations making proper judgments as to the correct course of action.• Ability to work hours scheduled.• Ability to work well with culturally diverse people.• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees and the public.• Ability to work well with varied and demanding people.• Ability to communicate effectively verbally.• Ability to organize tasks and working environment to maximize efficiency.• Ability to focus attention on tasks, which may be routine or repetitive without losing concentration or becoming distracted by external activities.• Ability to adapt to interruptions, equipment failures, unusual demands, or changing priorities.• Ability to understand and follow written and oral instructions and procedures.
- Equipment Used, Work Environment and Physical Activities
- • Office equipment: Daily use of credit card machines, telephones, calculator, copier, fax and printer• Computer equipment: Daily use of a personal computer, Microsoft Word and Excel, POS/reservation software, GHIN handicap software, Golf Tournament software and other basic software products• Other equipment: Golf Carts, Range Picker, Range ball washer, laminating machine, vacuum, first aid supplies, AED unit, golf ball launch monitor, basic club repair & regripping equipment• Language skills: Reads and interprets documents, instructions, and manuals; in written material, uses proper spelling, grammar and style; presents information and responds to questions individually and in small groups• Mathematical skills: Basic mathematical skills to perform cash and transactional calculations.• Reasoning ability: Interprets instructions in written, oral, diagram, or schedule format; solves customer service situations and responds appropriately.• Physical activities: May be bending, stooping, squatting, walking standing throughout shift• Lifting: Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs and climb ladder• Vision and hearing: Ability to read a variety of documents and reports such as complaint/compliment forms, various invoices/packing slips, training materials and procedure documents, telephone messages, letters and memoranda; ability to deliver information in a clear and direct manner.• Exposure to environmental conditions: Works in various weather conditions where exposure to any of the following may be possible: Sun, rain, hail, windThis job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications. Employees are accountable for all duties associated with this position.