City of Commerce City
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at City of Commerce City
- General Purpose
Under the guidance of the Chef or the Food & Beverage Manager, the Sous Chef acts in a supervisory position with the kitchen staff and is responsible for opening/closing shifts as a line cook at the golf course restaurant.
- Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• The Sous Chef must prepare food for daily events. Must be fully capable of working all stations and cooking all menu items
• Leadership and direction of the kitchen staff to maintain sanitation and cleanliness standards
• Must bring a positive and energetic attitude to the workplace
• Work off of Banquet Production Sheets for banquets and off premise functions
• Ensure that food production appearance, portion control and quality meet standards set forth by the Chef.
• Assist the Chef in monthly inventory and reporting
• Establish a good working relationship with the front of house (FOH) staff to provide a smooth flow of service throughout the food service cycle
• Provide a daily lunch and dinner special and provide FOH staff with a description of the item.
• Lead weekly staff safety trainings.
• Maintain safe, organized and clean food storage areas.
• In the absence of the Chef, act in his/her place to lead staff, prepare food orders, meet with vendors, and coordinate with staff to complete operational tasks
• All employees must model and demonstrate the City Values at all times during the course of employment; to include: Integrity, Collaboration, Innovation, Respect and Excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned
- Minimum Qualifications
Must be a minimum of 21 years of age. Associate's, Culinary Degree or college-level coursework in related field required. Must have at least four years of active, full service kitchen experience. Experience as a lead worker in a kitchen environment preferred. An equivalent combination of training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities may be considered.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Must be willing to work weekends and holidays
• Proficient in all areas of food preparation and presentation
• Knowledge of restaurant equipment
• Must be highly motivated and take direction well
• Ability to lead and train staff
• Strong verbal communication skills
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Equipment Used, Work Environment and Physical Activities
- Driving: May need, or have ability, to drive a city or personal vehicle in the normal course of business
- Office Equipment: Daily use of computer, keyboard, copier, scanner, printer, calculator, phone. Daily use of software programs including Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook, Word, Excel.
- Other Equipment: Frequent use of all kitchen equipment including stoves, knives, grills, and mixers. Occasional use of registers and point of sale system
- Physical Activities: High physical activity that may include walking, sitting, standing, stooping, bending, reaching, lifting and carrying
- Lifting: Ability to lift, carry, and exert up to 50 pounds
- Vision and Hearing: Must have visual acuity to see and read paper and electronic documents. Must be able to answer telephones, communicate conversation and respond to verbal inquires
- Exposure to Environmental Conditions: May be exposed to extreme heat, cold, dry, wet, odors, smoke, loud noises, vibrations, dust or intense light. Will be exposed to chemicals including cleaners, solvents, paints and other potentially toxic agents. Will be exposed to hot, humid kitchen conditions with grease and fumes
- Schedule: Position generally works a non-traditional schedule. May be required to be available for on-call duty, attendance at off-site meetings and after-hours events
- Additional Working Conditions: May be exposed to work settings that vary in convenience and comfort