City of Commerce City
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at City of Commerce City
- General Purpose
Under the direction of the Recreation Assistant, Van Driver will provide safe transportation of senior citizens (or others 18 and older) to and from activities and trips. Individual must be able to assist with loading and unloading of passengers. They will need to feel comfortable leading the group and potentially working with businesses. Driver also serves as chaperone so will be in charge of making sure all participants make it to and from trips/activities safely. Hours for the position are flexible based upon schedule of individual driver and trip needs.
- Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- • Provide safe transportation of senior citizens to and from activities and trips• Able to assist with loading and unloading of passengers and equipment• Able to lift up to 25 lbs.• Communication with businesses when arriving at location• Complete and verify payments to businesses before departure• Comfortable dealing with difficult individuals or emergencies• Communication with staff in event of emergency• Able to complete incident/accident reports fully• Record pre and post inspection reports that includes mileage and condition of vehicle• Turn in receipts from purchases when necessary• Available for special driver trainings or required meetings throughout the year• Able to drive an average of 1-5 trips a monthOther Duties and Responsibilities:• To maintain a clean and safe working environment.• To communicate with the participants and other recreation center staff.• To complete onboarding paperwork.
- Minimum Qualifications
Applicant must be 18 years of age or older, pass a background check, and complete CPR/First Aid/AED training prior to first day of work. Applicant will also be required to complete the "Coaching the Van Driver II" training materials. Applicant will be required to provide motor vehicle driver record to staff for review to determine if sufficient. CDL license and/or past formal driving history is preferred (not required)
- Equipment Used, Work Environment and Physical Activities
- City Vehicles: Upon completion of training, but be able to operate 15 passenger van as well as able to operate the wheelchair lift.
- Language skills: Ability to speak to people to convey or exchange information; record and deliver information in a teaching or instructional setting, ability to speak above noise with voice control and confidence; ability to read and prepare written documents with proper format, punctuation, spelling and grammar, using all parts of speech.
- Mathematical skills: Must be able to complete basic math functions (+,-,*, /) with accuracy; minimal tolerance for error is allowed when handling cash and credit transactions.
- Reasoning ability: Ability to make appropriate decisions in a variety of situations where only limited standardization exists; interprets a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagrammatic, or schedule form
- Physical activities: Majority of shift is spent standing and/or walking. Assist participants (with possible disabilities) with getting on and off the vehicles. May include bending, sitting, squatting, walking, or standing.
- Lifting: Able to lift up to 25 pounds including walkers, wheelchairs, coolers, and other equipment needed for trips.
- Vision and hearing: Must have minimal levels of eye/hand coordination, ability to coordinate hands and eyes in using various types of equipment.
- Exposure to environmental conditions: Be prepared to drive and walk in all weather conditions.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications. Employees are accountable for all duties associated with this position.