City of Denver Government
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Bike Park Utility Worker
at City of Denver Government
About Our Job
Bike Park Utility Workers will play an essential role in maintaining Denver Bike Parks and surrounding parks to include Ruby Hill Bike Park and Trestle Skills Course at Barnum North. (These positions are differentiated from Park Seasonal Laborers which are the entry-level positions to park maintenance.)
These positions can accommodate flexible schedules depending on operations need. The full pay range of this Job Classification is $16.95 - $24.75, our target starting pay for this position is $16.95 per hour.
These positions will support bike parks within Denver’s Southwest Parks Maintenance District and will report to Barnum/Ruby Hill at 1505 W. Jewel Ave. Click here to learn more about Denver’s Bike Parks
Skills to be developed and utilized:
- Working outdoors in parks using and maintaining various hand-powered tools and motorized equipment in a safe and efficient manner
- Bike Park maintenance:
- Building and maintaining jumps to ensure the safety and enjoyment of park users; utilizing best practices in design to ensure engaging bike jumps and other related skills elements
- Landscape maintenance duties such as:
- turf maintenance (e.g. laying sod, fertilizing, mowing, edging, raking)
- irrigation (minor maintenance, repair, troubleshooting and use of central control systems)
- ornamental/garden maintenance (planting, weeding, minor pruning)
- Infrastructure maintenance and repair such as fencing, asphalt, concrete, trails work, grade work/erosion control
- Interacting with and learning alongside more seasoned park maintenance generalists and/or specialists such as Irrigation Maintenance Technicians, Horticultural Workers, Park Horticulturists, and other experts in unique green industry fields and skilled trades work
- Snow removal operations such as plowing, shoveling, de-icing
- Various related duties assigned as needed such as trash collection, bathroom maintenance and cleaning, vandalism repair/graffiti removal
This is an on-call position which will work no more than 39 hours per week and is not eligible for benefits. On-call positions may have routine or variable work schedules.
We are looking for hard-working, reliable individual with a passion and interest in biking. Our ideal candidate will enjoy working outside, be adept with safety considerations and will be eager to learn new skills. Additionally, our ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Professional experience in building and maintaining bike jumps and/or bike trails
- Recreational participation in riding bike park jumps and trails
- Previous parks maintenance experience
- Proficiency with various hand-powered tools and motorized equipment
We realize that your time is valuable so please do not apply unless you meet the following minimum qualification:
- Requires a valid Driver's License at the time of application. Licenses and certifications must be kept current as a condition of employment
About Everything Else
Job ProfileCJ2083 Utility Worker I
To view the full job profile including position specifications, physical demands, and probationary period, click here.
Position Salary Range$16.95 - $24.75
AgencyParks and Recreation
The City and County of Denver provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, or any other status protected under federal, state, and/or local law.
The secret is out: Denver is the nation's top place to live, work, and play. Being the best place to live isn't easy; maintaining such a reputation means we need the best people working for the residents of Denver. People who want to make a difference; people who want to give back; people who want to be at the heart of this city and have a hand in creating our future. When you join us, you will employ your unique skills to do important and meaningful work critical to the success of both your organization and the city as a whole. Be a part of the city that you love. #WhereDenverWorks
For more information about our hiring process including ADA resources, assessments and testing, pre-employment, and onboarding, click here.