City of Denver Government
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Certified Group Fitness Instructor
at City of Denver Government
About Our Job
Our Recreation Division operates an impressive network of 30 recreation centers that offer affordable programs and a wide variety of activities to enrich the lives of Denver residents and visitors year-round. Denver Parks & Recreation employees are devoted to positively impacting our diverse population, including children, youth, adults, seniors and special needs groups. With over 1,000 organized classes and activities going on at any given time, the City & County of Denver offers a wide variety of programs and facilities! Our facilities promote a safe and fun learning environment through the provision of well-rounded amenities including multi-purpose rooms, exercise rooms, weight-rooms, dance spaces, pools, basketball/tennis courts, playgrounds, athletic fields, running track and more! With these kinds of resources at your disposal for developing fitness programs, you are sure to attain professional development and success with the City & County of Denver!
Denver Parks & Recreation's Fitness team is looking to hire Certified Group Fitness Instructors. We are specifically looking for Pilates & Barre Instructors. Certified Group Fitness Instructors provide instruction part-time in group fitness classes, demonstrating proper techniques and methods for participants and ensures a safe, fun and enriching fitness environment. Join our high-caliber team of fitness professionals, dedicated to the wellness of Denver's citizens! Both primary instructor and substitute teaching opportunities are available.
- Provides exceptional instruction to individuals of all fitness levels
- Demonstrates professional, safe, and effective class instruction while offering ongoing motivation and feedback to class participants.
- Creates enthusiastic and energetic class environments while providing specific emphasis on safety and proper execution of movements.
- Shows a willingness to answer questions and utilize positive conflict resolution skills.
- Meets the outstanding customer service standards of Denver Parks and Recreation.
- Instructs classes in formats such as: Yoga, step aerobics, Hi/Lo aerobics, interval training, sports performance, strength training, Pilates, indoor cycling, core conditioning, Essentrics, Zumba, OULA®, INSANITY®, and/or Barre.
- Keeps current on all certifications and industry practices.
- Maintains attendance records for classes; distributes and collects class evaluations as requested.
- Complies with employee procedures and expectations as detailed in the employee manual.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested
This is an on-call position which will work no more than 39 hours per week and is not eligible for benefits. On-call positions may have routine or variable work schedules.
We are looking for knowledgeable and enthusiastic Certified Group Fitness Instructors who can provide engaging programming, with an eye for safety and fun! Our ideal candidate will possess:
- Current certification as a Group Fitness Instructor by a nationally recognized organization (such as but not limited to: ACE or AFAA)
- OR a current specialty fitness certification (such as but not limited to Zumba, Yoga, Pilates, Essentrics®, or cycling) by a nationally recognized organization
- Current CPR/First Aid Certification
- Bachelor's degree in Exercise Science, Community Health, Exercise Physiology or related field.
- Experience as a Certified Group Fitness Instructor in an organized, specialized recreation or commercial fitness program.
We realize that your time is valuable, so please do not apply unless you meet the following minimum qualifications:
- Education: Graduation from high school or the possession of a GED, HiSET or TASC Certificate
- Experience: A combination of appropriate experience may be substituted for the minimum education requirements
- Licensure/Certification(s): Certification as an instructor and/or trainer in yoga, step aerobics, kick boxing, boot camp, hip-hop, interval training, sports performance, strength training, Pilates, Zumba, indoor cycling, core conditioning or any fitness area by a nationally recognized organization. Requires certification in CPR/First Aid at the time of application or within six months hire date. Licensure and certification must be kept current as a condition of employment
- Equivalency: None
About Everything Else
Job ProfileRG2111 Fitness Instructor Certified
To view the full job profile including position specifications, physical demands, and probationary period, click here.
Position Salary Range$20.25 - $27.74
Starting Pay$20.25 - $23.00/hour commensurate with experience and education
AgencyParks and Recreation
The City and County of Denver provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, or any other status protected under federal, state, and/or local law.
The secret is out: Denver is the nation's top place to live, work, and play. Being the best place to live isn't easy; maintaining such a reputation means we need the best people working for the residents of Denver. People who want to make a difference; people who want to give back; people who want to be at the heart of this city and have a hand in creating our future. When you join us, you will employ your unique skills to do important and meaningful work critical to the success of both your organization and the city as a whole. Be a part of the city that you love. #WhereDenverWorks
For more information about our hiring process including ADA resources, assessments and testing, pre-employment, and onboarding, click here.