City of Denver Government
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
High School Fishing Program Internship
at City of Denver Government
About Our Job
The High School Student Fishing Program Coordinator Intern will work an average of approximately 8-32 hours per week depending on department and intern needs for approximately 300 hours total, including up to 10 days with Lincoln Hills Cares (transportation included). This position will be funded by a GOCO Inspire grant, and is intended to facilitate a connection between youth and Denver Parks. The student who is hired will learn about potential future careers in parks and recreation, and will gain a valuable foot in the door to future opportunities. Assignments may vary depending on weather and events, and will focus on high use times including evenings, holidays, and weekends.
As an intern, you will partner with the Fishing Program Coordinator to do the following:
- Assist with coordination of the Denver "Fishing is Fun" Program
- Assist in the development and presentation of educational programs throughout the City and County of Denver Interact with the public to increase awareness of parks rules and regulations
- Interpret information about the park system and natural resources
- Utilize and distribute fishing supplies and equipment as appropriate
- Develop program marketing materials and outreach strategies
- Protect natural resources through resource management practices
- Respond to, coordinate, and assist with medical emergencies and other incidents
- Inspect areas for maintenance needs, vandalism, and other hazards
- Assist Fishing Program Coordinator with various duties
As an intern, you may also be responsible for the following:
- Work with teams to accomplish large and small tasks
- Provide maintenance services
- Represent Denver Parks and Recreation at various public events
- Use various computer programs to create logs and reports Work on other assigned projects
This position will be posted until filled. Please apply as soon as possible to be considered
This position is funded by the GOCO Inspire grant. In order to apply, you must:
- Be a high school student (minimum of 14 years old)
- Living in/near the Cole area of Denver
- Be able to pass a background check
- Provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States
About Everything Else
Job ProfileTA1585 Youth Worker Mayors
To view the full job profile including position specifications, physical demands, and probationary period, click here.
Pay RangePay Range $11.10 - $11.10
AgencyParks and Recreation
The City and County of Denver provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, or any other status protected under federal, state, and/or local law.
The secret is out: Denver is the nation's top place to live, work, and play. Being the best place to live isn't easy; maintaining such a reputation means we need the best people working for the residents of Denver. People who want to make a difference; people who want to give back; people who want to be at the heart of this city and have a hand in creating our future. When you join us, you will employ your unique skills to do important and meaningful work critical to the success of both your organization and the city as a whole. Be a part of the city that you love. #WhereDenverWorks
For more information about our hiring process including ADA resources, assessments and testing, pre-employment, and onboarding, click here.