City of Denver Government
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Lead Information Technology Auditor - Denver International Airport
at City of Denver Government
About Our Job
Denver International Airport is the 20th-busiest airport in the world and the 5th-busiest airport in the United States, serving 61.4 million passengers last year and generating more than $26 billion for the region annually. DEN is the largest and newest commercial airport in the United States and consists of 15 million square feet of built environment.
Denver International Airport Department of Finance is currently seeking a Lead Information Technology Auditor to join the Internal Auditors Office.
Additionally, as a Lead IT Auditor you can expect to:
- Leads and conducts performance, financial, compliance, and contract audits and evaluations of city organizations and programs that include, but are not limited to effectiveness, efficiency, public policy assessment, governance, and internal control and compliance objectives as defined by Generally Accepted Government Auditing Standards
- Researches best practices, performance benchmarks, industry trends, applicable laws, policies, procedures, and methods, and academic literature in order to measure program and organizational activities, and develop a working knowledge of processes, in order to decrease time, streamline processes and services, and ensure compliance with rules and policies.
- Leads audit procedural plans, which includes developing overall purpose, timeline, and criteria standards, defining scope of work and objectives, and determining fieldwork activities. Leads and develops a wide range of qualitative and quantitative procedures and methodologies to review and evaluate business practices, operations, and records.
- Leads the development of surveys and questionnaires, and conducts fieldwork (interviews and investigations) to gather information, work samples, evidence, and gain an understanding of business operations and procedures.
- Applies audit procedures, methodologies, and generally accepted auditing standards in examining records and documents, evaluating operational efficiencies, effectiveness, and internal controls to ensure transactions are properly recorded and in compliance of policies and procedures.
- Leads statistical analysis and data gathering projects in order to assemble and configure findings into meaningful formats that support conclusions and recommendations.
- Leads the preparation and presentation of final audit reports to stakeholders and client organizations, which includes identifying and developing audit findings and supporting conclusions, determining efficiency and effectiveness of processes, summarizing areas of concern or risk, and recommending courses of action for compliance.
- Ensures performance audits are conducted in compliance with generally accepted auditing standards and associated city rules and policies, and collaborates with internal review processes.
- Develops or modifies work plans, methods, and procedures, determines work priorities, and develops work schedules to provide adequate staff coverage.
- Provides work instruction and assists employees with difficult and unusual assignments.
- Assigns and distributes work, reviews work for accuracy and completeness, and returns assignments with recommendations for proper completion.
- Resolves problems encountered during daily operations and determines appropriate solutions.
- Contributes to the development of performance goals, documents performance, provides performance feedback, and provides information to inform the formal performance evaluation.
- Responds orally to informal grievances and relays information to the supervisor. Documents and records situations, which may be cause for disciplinary action and provides this information to the supervisor.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Any one position may not include all of the duties listed. However, the allocation of positions will be determined by the amount of time spent in performing the essential duties listed above.
To be considered for this position, you must include the following on your job application (upload the attachment(s) to the Resume/CV section on the My Experience tab):
- Cover Letter and Resume
Our Ideal Candidate will have:
- Certification in IT Auditing (CISA)
- Three years of IT audit experience in a corporate environment.
- At least two years of experience interacting with all levels of management.
- Knowledge of COBIT, COSO, NIST Cybersecurity, or ISO27001/ISO27002 frameworks & knowledge of PCI DSS will be a plus.
- Experience with the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), System implementation, Systems operations, System continuity, Change and problem management, Logical security and knowledge of related risks is highly preferred.
- Ability to analyze IT environment to identify application, infrastructure, security risks and controls as they relate to the relevant business risks is essential.
- Knowledge of Cybersecurity aspects.
- Knowledge of Data security, Data privacy, and Data loss prevention risks and mitigation techniques.
We realize your time is valuable so please do not apply if you do not have at least the following required minimum qualifications:
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Public Administration, Public Policy, Government Analytics, Business Administration, or related field. Some positions may require successful completion of a college-level course in auditing principles.
- Experience: Three years of professional level experience including one year as a Senior Internal Auditor, auditing and evaluating business practices and processes to ensure compliance and efficiency.
- Equivalency: No substitution of experience for education is permitted. Additional appropriate education may be substituted for experience requirements.
- Licensures/Certification(s): By position, requires a valid Driver's License at the time of application. Licenses and certifications must be kept current as a condition of employment.
FBI Background Check: FBI criminal background check is required for all positions at Denver International Airport (DEN). Employees are also required to report any felony convictions and/or moving violations to maintain this clearance and be eligible for continued employment. By position, a pre-employment physical/drug test may be required.
Snow / Emergency Duties: Denver International Airport is a 24/7/365 team operation. If weather conditions warrant or an emergency crisis occurs, all DEN employees can be required to work extended hours and/or shifts.
About Everything Else
Job ProfileCV2240 Internal Auditor Lead
To view the full job profile including position specifications, physical demands, and probationary period, click here.
Position Salary Range$68,512.00 - $109,619.00
AgencyDenver International Airport
The City and County of Denver provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, or any other status protected under federal, state, and/or local law.
The secret is out: Denver is the nation's top place to live, work, and play. Being the best place to live isn't easy; maintaining such a reputation means we need the best people working for the residents of Denver. People who want to make a difference; people who want to give back; people who want to be at the heart of this city and have a hand in creating our future. When you join us, you will employ your unique skills to do important and meaningful work critical to the success of both your organization and the city as a whole. Be a part of the city that you love. #WhereDenverWorks
For more information about our hiring process including ADA resources, assessments and testing, pre-employment, and onboarding, click here.