City of Denver Government
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Maintenance Technician - Asphalt Program
at City of Denver Government
About Our Job
The City and County of Denver Parks Department has an opportunity for a Maintenance Technician (Asphalt Parks) for our Buildings and Structures Maintenance team. This position will be responsible for a variety of asphalt maintenance, construction, and repair of parks facilities and structures.
This position will be based at 4495 Jason Street, Denver, CO. This position will participate in a flex shift Monday-Thursday from 6:00 AM - 3:30 PM and Friday, 6:00AM - 2:30 PM with every other Friday off. Candidates must be flexible to respond to on-call emergencies and facility needs. The hiring range for this position is $17.72 - $21.79.
This position also may be expected to participate in snow removal operations at Denver International Airport, as needed (roughly September through March).
- Performs semi-skilled, unlicensed trades work on a regular basis in multiple trades areas including welding, carpentry, locksmith, glazing, tool machinery, masonry, mechanical maintenance, minor electrical, minor plumbing, minor heating and ventilating, minor refrigeration and air conditioning, and painting, etc.
- Performs construction and maintenance work such as fencing installation and repair, concrete forming and repair, and asphalt operations
- Assists skilled trades workers in the construction, maintenance and repair of a variety of machinery, equipment, and facility systems and structures
- Installs and repairs floor tile, carpet, ceiling tile, window glass, insulation, dispensers, office furniture and related equipment
- Inspect facilities and equipment to identify construction, maintenance and repair needs including estimating materials, labor, time and cost of repairs
- Operates and maintains light to heavy equipment including vehicles with trailers or plow attachments
- Participates in snow removal duties as assigned
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested
We are looking for a well-rounded and experienced Maintenance Technician who can work effectively on a team but is highly-motived enough to complete work orders and projects independently as needed. Additionally, our ideal candidate will have:
- Experience with asphalt
- Construction and maintenance experience in commercial facilities; such as fencing, concrete work and masonry
- Proficiency in operating light to heavy equipment
- Experience with snow removal operations
- Experience with welding
- Possession of a CDL Class B (or ability to obtain within 6 months)
We realize your time is valuable so please do not apply if you do not have at least the following required minimum qualifications :
- Education requirement: Graduation from high school or the possession of a GED, HiSET or TASC Certificate.
- Experience Requirement: Two (2) years of experience as a skilled trades helper or semi-skilled laborer performing a variety of duties requiring construction, mechanical, or facility maintenance skills.
- Education/Experience Equivalency: Additional appropriate education may be substituted for the minimum experience requirements. Additional appropriate experience may be substituted for the minimum education requirements.
- License/Certifications: This job requires driving. Requires a valid Driver's License at the time of application.
- By position, requires a valid Commercial Driver's License (CDL "B") with appropriate endorsements by the end of probation. Licenses and certifications must be kept current as a condition of employment.
About Everything Else
Job ProfileCJ2552 Maintenance Technician
To view the full job profile including position specifications, physical demands, and probationary period, click here.
Position Salary Range$17.72 - $25.87
Starting Pay$17.72 - $21.79
AgencyParks and Recreation
The City and County of Denver provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, or any other status protected under federal, state, and/or local law.
The secret is out: Denver is the nation's top place to live, work, and play. Being the best place to live isn't easy; maintaining such a reputation means we need the best people working for the residents of Denver. People who want to make a difference; people who want to give back; people who want to be at the heart of this city and have a hand in creating our future. When you join us, you will employ your unique skills to do important and meaningful work critical to the success of both your organization and the city as a whole. Be a part of the city that you love. #WhereDenverWorks
For more information about our hiring process including ADA resources, assessments and testing, pre-employment, and onboarding, click here.