City of Denver Government
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Park Seasonal Laborer - Downtown
at City of Denver Government
About Our Job
Park Seasonal Laborers are entry-level positions that perform routine landscaping and park maintenance duties in support of Denver’s expansive urban parks system.
While the full pay range of this Job Classification is $13.00 - $17.81, our target starting pay for this position is $13.00 per hour.
These positions will support Denver’s Downtown Park Operations (see district map here: https://www.denvergov.org/content/dam/denvergov/Portals/747/documents/parks/DPR-maintenance-districts.pdf ) and will report to Park Avenue shop located at 3395 Park Avenue West.
Skills developed on the job:
- Working outdoors in parks using and maintaining various hand-powered tools and motorized equipment in a safe and efficient manner
- Landscape maintenance duties such as:
- turf maintenance (e.g. laying sod, fertilizing, mowing, edging, raking)
- irrigation (minor maintenance, repair, troubleshooting and use of central control systems)
- ornamental/garden maintenance (planting, weeding, minor pruning)
- Infrastructure maintenance and repair such as fencing, asphalt, concrete, trails work, grade work/erosion control
- Interacting with and learning alongside more seasoned park maintenance generalists and/or specialists such as Irrigation Maintenance Technicians, Horticultural Workers, Park Horticulturists, and other experts in unique green industry fields and skilled trades work
- Snow removal operations such as plowing, shoveling, de-icing
- Various related duties assigned as needed such as trash collection, bathroom maintenance and cleaning, vandalism repair/graffiti removal
This is an on-call position which will work no more than 39 hours per week and is not eligible for benefits. On-call positions may have routine or variable work schedules.
We are looking for reliable individuals looking to gain experience in parks maintenance operations. Our ideal candidates will enjoy working outside and are eager to learn new skills from more seasoned parks workers. These positions are most appropriate for those who have very little to no experience in parks, landscape or construction maintenance or those who currently do not possess a valid driver’s license.
About Everything Else
Job ProfileCG2113 Park Seasonal Laborer
To view the full job profile including position specifications, physical demands, and probationary period, click here.
Position Salary Range$13.00 - $17.81
AgencyParks and Recreation
The City and County of Denver provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, or any other status protected under federal, state, and/or local law.
The secret is out: Denver is the nation's top place to live, work, and play. Being the best place to live isn't easy; maintaining such a reputation means we need the best people working for the residents of Denver. People who want to make a difference; people who want to give back; people who want to be at the heart of this city and have a hand in creating our future. When you join us, you will employ your unique skills to do important and meaningful work critical to the success of both your organization and the city as a whole. Be a part of the city that you love. #WhereDenverWorks
For more information about our hiring process including ADA resources, assessments and testing, pre-employment, and onboarding, click here.