City of Denver Government
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Front End Developer - Technology Services
at City of Denver Government
About Our Job
Our Technology Services Agency (TS) is using state-of-the-art technologies and methodologies to deliver and improve the systems, applications and operations that we deliver to our Mile High City. The City offers a unique opportunity to work with a diverse business and technology environment on a large scale as we employ over 12,000 people, of which 9,000+ are daily technology consumers in support of a diverse population in excess of 500,000 citizens. Moreover, we handle over 50+ business functions (Police, Fire, Sheriff, EMS, Permitting, Development, Assessment, Taxation, Parks & Recreation, Finance, HR, etc.) utilizing a variety of technologies (Workday, Salesforce, ServiceNow, Accela, ESRI GIS, etc.).
We are looking for a candidate who is excited to grow and learn new skills and technologies, while taking pride in setting and meeting coding standards.
Additionally, as a Senior Front End Developer, you will:
- Develop, modify and maintain new and existing software applications, integrations and services of moderate to advanced complexity and scope.
- Design, develop, test, implement and writes documentation for new and existing solutions with minimum to no supervision.
- Work collaboratively with team members while taking guidance from application architects.
- Analyze user requirements, write specifications and code, and install and documents software application programs.
- Participate in an agile environment for solution design, development, deployment and production support of publicly facing services.
- Provide technical oversight on project implementations
Our Ideal Candidate has:
- Strong knowledge of:
- AngularJS and Angular 2+
- HTML 5, CSS3, CSS, MVC, .NET
- Web Services, REST, and ASP.NET WebAPI
- Agile development process and continuous integration/delivery
- Proven track record in taking responsibility for and assuming ownership of solutions
- Any experience with Accela, Alfresco, GIS, and/or Salesforce will be looked upon favorably
We recognize your time is valuable, so please do not apply unless you meet the following required minimum qualifications:
- Education Requirement: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, Mathematics or a related field.
- Experience Requirement: Three (3) years of professional experience in full life cycle development of business applications
- Education & Experience Requirement: One (1) year of the appropriate type and level of experience may be substituted for each required year of post-high school education. Additional appropriate education may be substituted for the minimum experience requirements.
About Everything Else
Job ProfileCI1452 IT Developer Senior
To view the full job profile including position specifications, physical demands, and probationary period, click here.
Position Salary Range$79,509.00 - $127,214.00
Starting PayBased on education and experience
The City and County of Denver provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, or any other status protected under federal, state, and/or local law.
The secret is out: Denver is the nation's top place to live, work, and play. Being the best place to live isn't easy; maintaining such a reputation means we need the best people working for the residents of Denver. People who want to make a difference; people who want to give back; people who want to be at the heart of this city and have a hand in creating our future. When you join us, you will employ your unique skills to do important and meaningful work critical to the success of both your organization and the city as a whole. Be a part of the city that you love. #WhereDenverWorks
For more information about our hiring process including ADA resources, assessments and testing, pre-employment, and onboarding, click here.