City of Denver Government
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Human Resources Business Partner - Office of Human Resources
at City of Denver Government
About Our Job
The City and County of Denver's Office of Human Resources (OHR) is seeking an experienced Senior Human Resources Business Partner. This is a high impact role requiring strong business acumen that helps you translate business strategy to people strategy. You’ll use strong client relationships and a detailed knowledge of the business to help our leaders proactively lead their teams in ways that improve performance, drive high retention and ensure high levels of engagement across the teams they serve.
OHR develops long term strategic partnerships with agency leadership to plan and implement HR solutions that are aligned to the varied business goals of each agency and their unique challenges. We are committed to delivering exemplary services to build workforce capability and drive business outcomes that best serve the public interest. To learn more about these agencies, please visit www.denvergov.org.
There is no listed closing date for this posting. Please apply as soon as you are able, as we will stop accepting applications once we have received a sufficient number of applications from qualified candidates.
As a Senior Human Resources Business Partner on our team, you will demonstrate an advanced competency for proactively identifying client opportunities, providing solutions, and an ability to effectively work in an environment of great ambiguity.
Specifically, as a Human Resources Business Partner, you will:
- Recommend organizational development strategies to business leaders (client) to include: quality improvement, performance enhancement approaches, and problem solving by analyzing departmental trends and performance outcomes
- Implement client organizational effectiveness initiatives including organizational design, leadership development, talent management, performance management and other initiatives that ensure optimal leverage of human capital resources
- Gather, assess and interpret client data and information to analyze specific business challenges and offer appropriate solutions and recommendations
- Execute HR strategies, initiatives and practices that promote a client performance culture emphasizing engagement, learning and development, talent management, and workforce planning
- Research, develop, and execute HR business initiatives that deliver measurable and reportable client results
- Build collaborative partnerships with OHR functional area experts to execute organizational strategy
- Build collaborative partnerships with agency leaders to evolve current leadership culture throughout the City and County of Denver
This is a great time to join our efforts to elevate the strategic orientation of Human Resources by implementing programs and practices that help employees achieve success in work-life effectiveness. We are seeking someone with a strong proactive consultative approach and a passion for organizational development, change management, and problem solving. The ideal candidate for the role has prior leadership experience, is a strong communicator with the ability to influence through strong relationships and functional expertise to support effective execution of strategic business goals and outcomes. The ideal candidate has strong business acumen and a clear understanding of the strategic, financial and operational business functions of an organization from a non-HR perspective.
Additionally, our ideal candidate will:
- Demonstrate ability to anticipate client workforce needs, identify gaps, and provide alternatives to resolve issues that lead to action and results
- Provide advice and counsel to client leaders dealing with sensitive employee situations; guide and coach leaders to effectively address employee behavior and performance concerns
- Have expertise interpreting and utilizing organizational data to provide strategic business solutions to leadership partners
- Ability to develop strong partnerships and credibility throughout the organization
- Facilitate collaborative problem-solving strategies to resolve employee relations issues through effective communication with all levels of employees
- Have experience in a non-HR business environment
We realize your time is valuable so please do not apply if you do not have at least the following required minimum qualifications:
- Education Requirement: Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, or a related field.
- Experience Requirement: Five (5) years of professional human resources experience.
- Education/Experience Equivalency: One (1) year of the appropriate type and level of experience may be substituted for each required year of post high school education. A combination of appropriate education and experience may be substituted for the minimum education and experience requirements
About Everything Else
Job ProfileCA2992 HR Business Partner Senior
To view the full job profile including position specifications, physical demands, and probationary period, click here.
Position Salary Range$66,775.00 - $106,840.00
Starting PayBased on education and experience
AgencyOffice of Human Resources
The City and County of Denver provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, or any other status protected under federal, state, and/or local law.
The secret is out: Denver is the nation's top place to live, work, and play. Being the best place to live isn't easy; maintaining such a reputation means we need the best people working for the residents of Denver. People who want to make a difference; people who want to give back; people who want to be at the heart of this city and have a hand in creating our future. When you join us, you will employ your unique skills to do important and meaningful work critical to the success of both your organization and the city as a whole. Be a part of the city that you love. #WhereDenverWorks
For more information about our hiring process including ADA resources, assessments and testing, pre-employment, and onboarding, click here.