City of Englewood (CO)
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Aquatic Fitness Instructor- Englewood Recreation Center
at City of Englewood (CO)
Seeking qualified individuals to teach adult and senior water fitness classes at the Englewood Recreation Center. Schedule varies. Requires excellent customer service and communication skills. All final candidates must consent to a criminal background check.
- Duties and Responsibilities
Provides a safe and fun learning environment while teaching class participants at the Englewood Recreation Center.
ILLUSTRATIVE EXAMPLES OF WORK:
The listed examples of work are not intended to be all-inclusive. They establish a flexible, functional base from which the person operates. They may also be modified with additions; deletions or changes required obtaining organizational goals and objectives.
- Demonstrates safe and effective water fitness exercises for both general and special populations
- Performs exercises for all major muscle groups
- Adapts intensity and exercises to meet the needs of participants
- Works in an upbeat and positive environment using innovative ideas to assist participants in achieving their personal fitness goals
- Provides customer service to guests using our facility and/or enrolled in our programs
- Attends and assists with scheduled In-Service trainings/staff meetings
- Records daily, weekly, monthly logs as required
- Promotes the Water Fitness program and recruits new participants
- Education and Experience
Minimum Requirements: Successful candidates will be at least 18 years old with a minimum of 6 months of teaching experience and/or participation in a water fitness program. Current CPR/AED certification or the ability to obtain one within 6 months of hire.
AEA/APAI/WSI or other nationally recognized certifications will be considered. A combination of education and/ or experience that has provided the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary for excellent job performance will be considered.
- Other Information
Positive attitude; innovative and creative; flexible and versatile; able to work well in a team oriented, fast paced, changing environment; strong human relations and communication skills; quality and customer service oriented; forward focus and highly motivated.