City of Englewood (CO)
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at City of Englewood (CO)
Pay: $16.01 to $22.36/hour
$16.01 - $22.36
Job Status: Seasonal
Job Reference #: 2538139
Overall Job Objective
- THIS IS A SEASONAL POSITION - DURATION UP TO 6 MONTHS
WILL BE OPENED UNTIL FILLED
The Department Assistant performs a wide variety of administrative and secretarial duties to support the functions of a department or division. Provides receptionist and customer support for citizens and other departments. Processes and reviews departmental administrative work. Provides secretarial support including meeting and travel arrangement, document preparation, and mail processing. This classification is the second in a series of three administrative support jobs within the City of Englewood.
- Duties and Responsibilities
- The listed examples of work are not intended to be all-inclusive. They may be modified with additions, deletions, or changes as necessary.Because this job description encompasses work within many varied functions and departments, the following duties are examples and not descriptive of all duties or of all incumbents within this classification.Essential Duties & ResponsibilitiesPerforms customer service and reception duties for the department. Provides response to specific customer questions requiring additional research.Accepts and processes plans, specifications, forms, reports, legal documents, applications, or similar materials in accordance with legal and departmental requirements. Calculates, collects, and processes application, service, filing, and work order fees. Maintains records and reconciles related accounts. Ensures information is complete and in accordance with legal and procedural requirements.
Serves as a backup to issue permits in accordance with established procedures. Responds to questions about the permit process.
Prepares and proofreads standardized documents and forms. Composes original correspondence pertaining to specific work and for other staff.
Establishes, maintains, and adjusts appointments, activity calendars, and work schedules for work groups and individuals.Maintains office filing systems, files, and records. Assembles requested information upon request.Enters data into computer systems and databases. Reconciles data entry and corrects errors.Prepares standard and ad hoc reports as required. Prepares routine or frequently required reports including compilation of data, writing of non-technical narrative, and development of report format and presentation.Prepares and provides written articles and narrative for newsletters. Prepares bulletins, brochures, publications, and marketing materials for department.Tracks departmental/division purchases and expenditures and prepares summary reports. Determines and codes account numbers.Schedules the use of City and department facilities with other City groups, citizens, and outside agencies.Other Duties & ResponsibilitiesPrepares and distributes meeting agendas, packets, and related materials. Takes, tapes, transcribes, and distributes meeting minutes.
- Education and Experience
- Education: High School Education or GED completedWork Experience: Minimum of 3 - 5 years of secretarial or administrative support experience. Customer service experience is highly desirableCertifications and/or Licensures: NoneRequired Driver's License: Valid Colorado driver's license and a clear or acceptable MVR, may be required
- Other Information
- KnowledgeKnowledge of:
Working knowledge of:
- Standard accounting procedures including expense reconciliation, account coding, and accounts receivable
- Standard office equipment including copiers, computers, and fax machines
Advanced knowledge of business language, grammar, and document formattingSkills and AbilitiesCommunication - Strong customer service skills needed to research and exchange information with the public and co-workers.Mathematical - Basic skills needed to perform calculations including percentages, decimals, and averages.Must be able to perform work in an accurate and efficient manner without continual supervision.
- Office procedures
- General office word processing, spreadsheet, database, and presentation software
- Paper and computerized filing systems