City of Englewood (CO)
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at City of Englewood (CO)
Candidate must educate class participants at the Englewood Recreation Center, Malley Senior Recreation Center, and other contracted locations. Demonstrates safe and effective exercises for both general and special populations. Accurately cues participants through the exercise routine. Performs exercises for all major muscle groups. Recognizes contraindicated exercises and adapts intensity and exercises to meet the needs of participants. Works in an upbeat and positive environment using innovative ideas to assist participants in achieving their personal fitness goals. Must be personable; innovative and creative; flexible and versatile; team-oriented; adaptable to fast-paced, changing environments; have strong human relations and communication skills; and be customer service oriented. Administers first aid and CPR in the event of an accident.
- Duties and Responsibilities
The list of examples of work is not intended to be all-inclusive. They establish a flexible, functional base from which the incumbent operates. They may also be modified with additions, deletions, or changes required to achieve organizational goals and objectives.
- Prepares music and other materials for class.
- Follows class format as set by Recreation Supervisor.
- Welcomes and encourages all participants to work at their own pace.
- Adapts class format to meet the needs of clientele.
- Chooses music at appropriate beats per minute for class segments.
- Reports all concerns to Recreation Supervisor.
- Finds own substitute to cover absences from list of approved substitutes.
- Attends all staff meetings and trainings. When requested, attends special events to promote the fitness department.
- Checks class rosters and accurately records participant attendance.
- Must be responsible and punctual.
- Education and Experience
Requires current ACE or AFAA group exercise and/or NASM, NSCA, ACSM or ACE personal trainer certification and current CPR/AED certification.