City of Englewood (CO)
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at City of Englewood (CO)
Seeking a dynamic and confident individual to join our Fitness team. The ideal candidate is personable and a self-starter. Must be able to adapt programs to fit individual needs. Designs fitness programs for individuals based on their current physical ability level and mental/emotional state. Demonstrates safe and effective exercises for both general and special populations. Must be able to teach proper use and body mechanics of weight machines, cardiovascular machines and free weights at Englewood Recreation Center and Malley Recreation Center, and other contracted locations. Will administer fitness assessments to evaluate overall physical needs. Possesses ability to lead client through high-level cardiovascular activity as well as resistance and flexibility exercises for all major muscle groups. Must be able to recognize contraindicated exercises and adapt intensity and exercises to meet client's needs. Works in an upbeat and positive environment using innovative ideas to assist clients in achieving their personal fitness goals.
- Duties and Responsibilities
The list of examples of work is not intended to be all-inclusive. They establish a flexible, functional base from which the incumbent operates. They may also be modified with additions, deletions, or changes required to achieve organizational goals and objectives:
- Conduct health and activity history interview with new clients.
- Perform physical and functional fitness assessments.
- Assure clients swipe Rec ID before each session and maintain accurate record of session activity.
- Design exercise program to meet the goals and desires of clients.
- Demonstrate safe usage of exercise equipment and perform proper lifting techniques.
- Provide modifications for assigned exercises as needed.
- Maintain CEC's and attend workshops/trainings to stay up to date with industry trends.
- Attends all staff meetings and trainings. When requested, attends special events to promote the fitness department.
- Must be responsible and punctual.
- Must be available to work evenings.
- Education and Experience
Requires current NASM, ACE, AFAA, ACSM, or NSCA Personal Trainer certification. Must have and maintain current CPR/AED certification.
Fitness related degree or NPTI certificate preferred. Demonstrate proficiency with TRX Suspension Trainer.