City of Fort Collins
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Arts and Crafts Instructor
at City of Fort Collins
REQUISITION #: req1949
LOCATION: SENIOR CENTER
BENEFIT CATEGORY: Variable Hourly View Classifications & Benefits
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Fluctuating Hourly
HOURLY RATE: $11.50 - 13.00 per hour (based on relevant experience)
SELECTION PROCESS: Application deadline is Open until filled
You will receive an email acknowledgment when you have successfully submitted an application. Your completed application will be forwarded to the hiring manager. You will be notified if you are selected for further testing or interviews. Please keep your contact information up-to-date. The status of your application will be updated in your applicant profile. Post-offer background check and drug test required.
Performs a variety of tasks to include teaching classes, public relations, and the following duties that are performed in and around the Arts and Crafts Studios
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPOSIBILITIES
- Teaches various Arts and Crafts classes as designated or agreed upon
- Keeps the studio clean and safe for instructors and participants
- Performs minor studio organizational and maintenance tasks and help inventory supplies and alerts studio director when supplies are low
- Assist with alerts about tools that are in need of maintenance or repair
- Assists students with a wide variety of problems and questions
- Attend staff and safety meetings
There are no supervisory responsibilities in this position
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
- Requires knowledge of their specific Arts and Crafts areas and media, including policies, procedures and equipment
- Ability to work well with the public
- Special knowledge of tools related to their specific areas of expertise such as kilns, scales, handcarts, compressor, shop vacuum, drills, saws and many tools related to the arts and crafts process
- Work independently without direct supervision
- Establish and maintain effective working relationship with co-workers, participants and the public Communicate effectively in both oral and written form with external and internal customers
- Functions as a Arts and Crafts instructor and works to keep their class operational
- Basic computer knowledge a must, and the ability to operate a variety of office equipment
- Understand and apply department procedures and policies
- Handle sensitive or stressful situations with tact and diplomacy
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
High School graduation or GED or related vocational training required
Graduation from a 4 year school with BA , BFA, MA or MFA desirable
Ability to read instructions and communicate with City Coordinators, Supervisors and general public. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from supervisor, students, and the general public
Ability to solve practical problems, and interpret a variety of instructions in written, oral, diagram or schedule form
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
CPR/First Aid/AED certification required
Required to regularly stand, walk, sit, climb stairs/ladders, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and talk and hear. Frequently required to reach with hands and arms. Occasionally required to balance, stoop, kneel, bend, crouch, push, pull, crawl or withstand extended periods of standing or moving about. Must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may occasionally be exposed to wet and /or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, outside weather conditions, extreme cold/heat, and vibration. The noise level is usually moderate and dusty conditions exist.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The City of Fort Collins will make reasonable accommodations for access to City services, programs and activities and will make special communication arrangements for persons with disabilities. Please call (970) 221-6535 for assistance.
The City of Fort Collins is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered for positions for which they have applied without regard to gender (regardless of gender identity or gender expression), race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, age 40 years or older, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy or other characteristics protected by law. For the purpose of this City policy “sexual orientation” means a person’s actual or perceived orientation toward heterosexuality, homosexuality, bisexuality.
BACKGROUND CHECK AND DRUG TEST REQUIRED WITHIN 48 HOURS OF OFFER.
Note: Some information in your application may be public information under the Colorado Open Records Act.