City of Fort Collins
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Clerical Aide - Recreation
at City of Fort Collins
REQUISITION #: req1853
LOCATION: SENIOR CENTER
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Fluctuating Hourly
HOURLY RATE: $11.50 - 13.50 per hour (based on relevant experience)
SELECTION PROCESS: open until filled
You will receive an email acknowledgment when you have successfully submitted an application. Your completed application will be forwarded to the hiring manager. You will be notified if you are selected for further testing or interviews. Please keep your contact information up-to-date. The status of your application will be updated in your applicant profile. Post-offer background check and drug test required.
SUMMARY: Clerical Aides perform regular and routine duties in a variety of recreation and facility programs and
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The below list is intended to be illustrative of the responsibilities of the position and not all encompassing.
- Greets guest, accepts and processes facility passes and registrations for specific activities within the Recreator.
- Enforces rules and policies with staff and guests.
- Handles and processes payments and responsible for assigned funds and receipts.
- Prepares the revenue and paid-out record forms daily.
- Maintains work area, facilities, supplies and equipment.
- Completes a variety of paperwork including daily records, logs and incident reports.
- Ensures the safety of guests and program participants.
- Assist with any first aid, CPR and other medical attention as needed.
- Maintains communications with other staff within recreation and reports issues or concerns (i.e. RecTrac or activity issues) to supervisory staff as needed.
- Provides exceptional customer service to all guests.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings and trainings.
- Keeps informed of all seasonal and on-going programs.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Ability to work with a diverse guest population.
- Ability to communicate effectively with participants, other departments, and management.
- Ability in communicating rules, regulations and enforcing policies.
- Must be organized when completing daily records, logs and incident reports.
- Ability to explain/demonstrate concepts and techniques to guests as they participate in recreation activities.
- Ability to remain composed in emergency situations and make sound judgments.
- Ability to recognize safety hazards and notify supervisors.
- Ability to operate all assigned equipment safely.
- Ability to perform first aid as needed.
- Ability to provide customer service in a fast paced, chaotic environment.
- Ability to work with diverse guests, occasionally under stressful circumstances.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Must be a minimum of 18 years of age. High School Diploma or GED preferred. One year related experience preferred. Must successfully pass all required employment
screens include drug screen and background check .
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: CPR, First Aid and AED certification.
The City of Fort Collins will make reasonable accommodations for access to City services, programs and activities and will make special communication arrangements for persons with disabilities. Please call (970) 221-6535 for assistance.
Notice Regarding Medical and/or Recreational Marijuana Use: Because the possession and use of marijuana,
whether for medical use or otherwise, constitutes a federal offense and because the City is a drug free workplace, the City will not accommodate the medicaluse of marijuana and enforces written policy prohibiting working for the City while marijuana is in the body. The fact that state law recognizes medical marijuana as a prescribed, or otherwise permitted, medication does not alter or otherwise change this policy. The City of Fort Collins is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered for positions for which they have applied without regard to gender (regardless of gender identity or gender expression), race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, age 40 years or older, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy or other characteristics protected by law. For the purpose of this City policy “sexual orientation” means a person’s actual or perceived orientation toward heterosexuality, homosexuality, bisexuality.
BACKGROUND CHECK AND DRUG TEST REQUIRED WITHIN 48 HOURS OF OFFER.
Note: Some information in your application may be public information under the Colorado Open Records Act.