City of Fort Collins
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Equipment Operator / Golf
at City of Fort Collins
REQUISITION #: req1932
DEPARTMENT: Parks/ Golf
LOCATION: GOLF MAINTENANCE SHOPS (Collindale, Southridge or City Park Nine)
BENEFIT CATEGORY: Variable Hourly View Classifications & Benefits
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Fluctuating Hourly
HOURLY RATE: $13.00 per hour starting salary-rate may be negotiated to a higher level based on qualifications and experience.
SELECTION PROCESS: Application deadline is OPEN UNTIL FILLED
You will receive an email acknowledgment when you have successfully submitted an application. Your completed application will be forwarded to the hiring manager. You will be notified if you are selected for further testing or interviews. Please keep your contact information up-to-date. The status of your application will be updated in your applicant profile. Post-offer background check, MVR and drug test required.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES/QUALIFICATIONS
- Assists in maintenance of Golf Course.
- Operates a variety of equipment including, but not limited to mowers, blowers and weed whips.
- Operates utility vehicles, backhoes, tampers, sod cutters and small trucks
- Use of hand tools including, but not limited to rakes, pruners, shovels and brooms
- Cleans restrooms and removes trash from all areas of park including gutters, along ditches, shrub beds, etc.
- Some chemical/herbicide application with required training.
- Botanical (shrub beds, flower beds, specialty gardens)
- Assists with irrigation maintenance & repairs.
- May help snow removal in the winter
- Working under the supervision of a crew leader, the employee will work outdoors in a variety of climate conditions, equipment noise, and paint/equipment fumes.
- Will adhere to dress code including required steel toed footwear.
- Will wear proper safety gear including safety glasses and ear protection as mandated
- Attend weekly staff meetings and safety meetings as scheduled.
- Possible paid holiday time based on hours worked
• Physical, mental and cognitive abilities sufficient to perform the essential duties outlined above.
o Ability to read, write and communicate well with others.
o Physical ability and stamina to perform duties including bending, lifting, digging, pushing and kneeling.
o Ability to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds regularly; up to 50 pounds maximum.
Proper safety measures for lifting/moving any item are expected to be followed; including, but not limited to, the use of proper Personal Protection Equipment (PPE), use of lifting/moving equipment, and/or assistance from co-workers.
• Valid driver’s license.
• Must be at least 18 years old.
• Previous experience preferred, but not required.
The City of Fort Collins will make reasonable accommodations for access to City services, programs and activities and will make special communication arrangements for persons with disabilities. Please call (970) 221-6535 for assistance.
Notice Regarding Medical and/or Recreational Marijuana Use: Because the possession and use of marijuana,
whether for medical use or otherwise, constitutes a federal offense and because the City is a drug free workplace, the City will not accommodate the medicaluse of marijuana and enforces written policy prohibiting working for the City while marijuana is in the body. The fact that state law recognizes medical marijuana as a prescribed, or otherwise permitted, medication does not alter or otherwise change this policy. The City of Fort Collins is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered for positions for which they have applied without regard to gender (regardless of gender identity or gender expression), race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, age 40 years or older, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy or other characteristics protected by law. For the purpose of this City policy “sexual orientation” means a person’s actual or perceived orientation toward heterosexuality, homosexuality, bisexuality.
BACKGROUND CHECK , MVR AND DRUG TEST REQUIRED.
Note: Some information in your application may be public information under the Colorado Open Records Act.